Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im completely stock and going single trying to get 450 to 500 rwhp on a stock fuel system or at least not trying to get a complete fuel upgrade maybe just a fuel pump at most. what do i need besides a turbo. would i still need a EBC which one, piggyback which one stuff like that. and im auto. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
you can do 450 - 500 on the stock twins... why go single? your goals dont seem to high to me to throw a single on :1poke:

GEno~

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well cuz im having to much trouble with the twins and 500 is just to start off plan on getting more power later

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
You do know that the auto tranny is a joke right? after 400hp you just playing craps with it. If you do go single better expect to upgrade the tranny very soon right after.

·
Fast Enough, Never Is.
920 Posts
I have just went single. As fas as the piggy back and fuel contol goes I would save my money and go with the stand alone right off the bat, if you have the money it will save you money in the long run. Also another very important thing is exhaust. I would say besides the turbo it is hard to give advice without knowing the budget. There are a lot of kits and ways to go it just depends on your goals.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i thought the tranny could hold 500hp and my goals for right now i just at five hundred or just below and id rather not go stand alone right now that would be for the future im really trying to get in to the 12sec 1/4 mile as well if not better if possible

·
Enter The Supra
1,903 Posts
what abour stall wich one any sugestion
depends how big the turbo is, supporting mods, and personal preference. Anything smaller than 67mm, and you're probably good with 3200 or 3400-3600 rpm. 67mm and up, 3600-4000 rpm. I'm going to be running a dbb 71gts with a 3800. That's really about as big of a turbo as you can get on an auto without headwork or stroking it. Are you getting cams? 500 rwhp is pushing the stock tranny to the max also as others have mentioned.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
You do know that the auto tranny is a joke right? after 400hp you just playing craps with it. If you do go single better expect to upgrade the tranny very soon right after.
Not true - it can be reliable if your not getting on it all the time. I'm running 452 rwhp at 18 psi, and around town only 10 psi. From what I hear you really need to be concerned about 1-2 shifts. But to say that it's a joke is simply not true - I've been on this setup for at least 8 months.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not true - it can be reliable if your not getting on it all the time. I'm running 452 rwhp at 18 psi, and around town only 10 psi. From what I hear you really need to be concerned about 1-2 shifts. But to say that it's a joke is simply not true - I've been on this setup for at least 8 months.
hey

what stall are u running or is it the stock converter and if you dont mind me asking have u takeb=n it to the track. thanks in advance

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what about piggy back am i going to need one for stock fuel and im going to go with maybe 18 psi just for the track and which is a good a reliable EBC

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
A manual BC would be fine like a HKS or you could do the AEM Tru boost. the Tial is probably the best bov on the market after that I'd choose an HKS. you'll need oil lines for the turbo, exhaust manifold WOTM's T4 manifold is the cheapest priced on the market right now and the quality is great! Tial 44mm wastegate would be perfect as well. PM me if you have any other questions.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts