Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i know there is always debates on the upgraded ct-26's here. i have decided to go for broke and max this puppy out. i got a built 7m that will laugh at this turbo. i got plenty of fuel and all the supporting mods

here is my plans. i'm going to run 110 octane, ditch all my exhaust except for my BIC DDP:D and run like 25psi of boost or higher. i just want to see what kinda of numbers i can hit.. i hoping to beat jbl's numbers.

i'm also going to be tunning for 11.8's AFR via my LM-1 wideband (with rpm converter) and my s-afc2.

i'll post my track times and dyno numbers next week.

on a side note, last yr i made 360rwhp and 406rwtq on 16.5psi on a shitty hks downpipe and through a cat, with a crush bent exhaust..

i'm hoping for some record ct-26 numbers. (even if i have to blow up the turbo to get them)

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
do it! and get vids! what did you do the 360 on? was it a 60-1 also?

·
Scratching and Sniffing
2,849 Posts
My hats off to you sir..Good luck and keep us posted. And what do you mean by max out do you mean like 62-1?

:)

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Go for it!

I assume you have the spare coin to buy a real turbo if / when the CT decides it's had enough of this world, right? :)

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
nice... a buddy and I are gonna try to max out the stock turbo, see what itll get.. well.. just mainly looking to get a 12 on the stock turbo

·
Registered
582 Posts
well at 25lbs of boost you better beat jbl's record. Im sure it can be done with teh right amount of fuel and tune. You might not even want that sp61gt til the ct blows up :) Im guessing high 400's

charlie

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
malloynx said:

i'm hoping for some record ct-26 numbers. (even if i have to blow up the turbo to get them)

your not the only one trying to get some records theres about 30 other people (including me ) trying to get the record. i hope you get the record good luck man.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea the turbo in question is a 60trim with 0 clip.. i have a sp63 coming so if this turbo goes to heaven i really don't care..

this should be really good.. stay tuned...:)

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
You should shim the wastegate actualy away from the turbo. This will help you get more boost.

I bet you'll not see more than 23 psi on that turbo with no clip. Waaayy too much exhuast restriction. I bet you'll start opening the flapper before you hit your target boost. Washers will help allieviate this problem.

·
Registered
948 Posts
beating johns numbers should be no problem, he's running a stock head, and no fuel managment

·
Turbonetics..****** asses
1,062 Posts
76celicagt said:
beating johns numbers should be no problem, he's running a stock head, and no fuel managment
He was also running 9:1 compression .....everybody seems to forget that

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,253 Posts
aljordan said:
You should shim the wastegate actualy away from the turbo. This will help you get more boost.

I bet you'll not see more than 23 psi on that turbo with no clip. Waaayy too much exhuast restriction. I bet you'll start opening the flapper before you hit your target boost. Washers will help allieviate this problem.

what I was thinking as well.. infact if he really wants some nasty boost unhook the wastegate completely... ;)

I think you are going to find it harder to blow up then you first though.

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
ZaZZn said:
what I was thinking as well.. infact if he really wants some nasty boost unhook the wastegate completely... ;)

I think you are going to find it harder to blow up then you first though.
sorry to drop in with a question but i though you need the waste gate to built boost?

isnt the whole point of shimming the wastegate is to close the wastegate until you hit a really high boost?

G

·
Twin_turbo_mk3 said:
sorry to drop in with a question but i though you need the waste gate to built boost?

isnt the whole point of shimming the wastegate is to close the wastegate until you hit a really high boost?
no, the wastegate simply limits the boost by bypassing exhaust into the downpipe once it hits full boost

1 - 20 of 59 Posts