Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to send my stock turbo injectors/fuel pump out to RC enginnering to have its flow rate tested. is there anything I need to tell them? ex, hp my car is making? fuel pressure?

I guess I would be getting a testing sheet when its done, but how would I know just by looking at a graph that my fuel pump/injectors are alrite?

thanx!

Jonas

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
You don't need to tell the hp or anything. Just what car it is, year, and mileage if I remember right. You will get a print out showing how much fuel each injector flows and what the spray pattern visibly looked like before and after. My only complaint was how they advertise 24 hr turn around. This is only if you cough the extra money for over night shipping. The price for cleaning doesn't include this. I paid about $180. The side feed injectors like we have were a little more than the standard $25 ea. When finished all of the injectors should be flowing close to the same with excellent patterns. They'll let you know if anything is wrong.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
I'm trying to decide if I want to go for this service or just run an injector cleaner through the rail. On one hand I love the idea of having the flow numbers and actually seeing the difference...on the other hand $180 vs. $40 (and it would clean the valves and chamber)...

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I recommend doing it. I had run several bottles of injector cleaner and when I took the injectors out there was a lot of biuld up in the rail. Also, a few of my injectors had problems like dripping and poor spray patterns at 40K miles. But I kow what you mean. Kind of expensive. It's a pain in the ass to get them out also.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
400hptt,
thanx for the info. sounds like your injectors were pretty worn with poor spray pattern and drippin problem. did you replace new injectors or did you have it old ones cleaned and flow tested?

what does the car feel when your injectors were drippin and spray poorly? rough idle? hesitation?

thanx

Jonas

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
supra400hptt said:
I recommend doing it. I had run several bottles of injector cleaner and when I took the injectors out there was a lot of biuld up in the rail. Also, a few of my injectors had problems like dripping and poor spray patterns at 40K miles. But I kow what you mean. Kind of expensive. It's a pain in the ass to get them out also.
Hell, I'm at 157k miles so I guess I should pull them and have the piece of mind. I'd like to run at least the fuel rail cleaner as well and maybe the in tank cleaner. I'm annoyed at myself for replacing my fuel filter before I run in tank cleaner....dang...maybe I can find a used one for a week while the cleaner does its thing.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
After having RC clean them they were all ok. I guess the build up in a couple of them were keeping them from fully closing. I don't really remember any specific problems, but the car was running 13s at BPU. After getting them cleaned I finally got into the 12s. I've got no evidence the cleaning was responsible. I consider it just maintenance like changing the plugs or timing belt. I'd probably get them cleaned about every 60K. I just worry that one will be dirtier than the others causing a lean condition in one cylinder.

·
Very Senior Member
9,950 Posts
supra400hptt said:
You don't need to tell the hp or anything. Just what car it is, year, and mileage if I remember right. You will get a print out showing how much fuel each injector flows and what the spray pattern visibly looked like before and after. My only complaint was how they advertise 24 hr turn around. This is only if you cough the extra money for over night shipping. The price for cleaning doesn't include this. I paid about $180. The side feed injectors like we have were a little more than the standard $25 ea. When finished all of the injectors should be flowing close to the same with excellent patterns. They'll let you know if anything is wrong.
My experience exactly. They not only clean them, they balance them as well.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much does it cost to have it cleaned? how long was the turn-around time?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts