Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
7M till the END
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing how much SF OT is multi cultural and a lot of people are over seas, anyone here ever been to Kuwait? Anything to do? any local hot spot?

Thanks in advance and wish me luck.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
lol if you are white avoid public places, sounds like racism to me!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice time of year to come to the Middle East, the weather is good (at least here in Bahrain). I think Kuwait is dry, so no alcohol readily available...but if you can handle that then no doubt the hotels have nice restaurants etc. If you want more of a night life then head over to Dubai or Bahrain for a couple of days.

8,181 Posts
lol if you are white avoid public places, sounds like racism to me!
May sound racial but logical too. No place in the middle east is safe from a terrorists activity. guess what kind of ppl are the fav targets for these fukers. Americans and Europians. My advice would be to avaid public places, seriously.

·
7M till the END
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, I never expected these replies but I forgot this was SF. I am definitely not white skin as everyone that walks up to me starts speaking Spanish, too bad I don't speak it. All my family is from Syria and only my uncle and myself are in the U.S and he has been here for over 25 years, hopefully I will get my parents to move here as well.
I have some family that I haven't seen for years so I am very excited about that and it would give me a chance to brush up on my Arabic, I know that I will be replacing every other word with English since it will be easier to say, I am sure my family wont cut me any slack for forgetting how to speak.

·
Ready. Set. Gone.
4,832 Posts
I'm curious. People say if you are white that you are a target in a Middle Eastern country (like Kuwait or etc). What if you are hispanic, african-american, or something else?

8,181 Posts
I'm curious. People say if you are white that you are a target in a Middle Eastern country (like Kuwait or etc). What if you are hispanic, african-american, or something else?

Dude, when I travel Mideast or South East Asia, I hide my pasport before getting out of the airport. There are too many nut jobs that are willing to harm you.

Even though my elder bro works in the gov and have a high rank job, I don't feel safe traveling with my passport. He always brings police with him either picking me up or droping me at the airport.:naughty:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Are you guys serious???

Which middle eastern countries are you talking about - Iraq? Because there are no issues with the ones around here. I have a few American friends over here that work in construction that walk around normally without having to watch their back all the time. I myself am often mistaken for an American due to my haircut couple with the Navy presence in Bahrain.

Open your eyes guys and stop...it's not like walking through a Taliban bunker haha.

·
[///M] Humdizzle
1,130 Posts
I thought kuwait was pretty safe and liberal?? Didn't we save them from saddam too ?

·
Dubai is not too far from there. make sure u check that place out too.

I saw more bad ass cars there in 4 hours than I do here in 4 months.

·
60 footing
966 Posts
May sound racial but logical too. No place in the middle east is safe from a terrorists activity. guess what kind of ppl are the fav targets for these fukers. Americans and Europians. My advice would be to avaid public places, seriously.
attie4 please stop spreading your BS about kuwait, kuwait is absolutely safer than you think

·
Abu Dhabi Speed
146 Posts
and where did you travel to in MD?
how come we have over 100000+ british ppl here and a lot of ppl from the states and france and most of the EU countries and we never heard of one attack? neither did most gulf ( only one in KSA long time ago)
stop spreading BS

8,181 Posts
Dude the topic is Kuwait. Couple of black water ppl were ambush while driving some yrs ago. Why take a fucking risk and get your ass into 2 pieces. If it's safer now then no worries. I never talked about Dubai specifically. I was born in Abu Dhabi. Now that we all know the guy is not white, he is safe. LOL

I went to MD lasr yr. I visited D.C last summer and stayed out side of Baltimore. MD is really cool. you should visit there some time. We are talking about MARYLAND, aren't we?

This is from U'S dept of State. they don't screw around with their ppl. hehe

SAFETY AND SECURITY: Americans in Kuwait should exercise a high level of security awareness. The Department of State remains concerned about the possibility of further terrorist actions against U.S. citizens and interests abroad, specifically in the Middle East, including the Persian Gulf and Arabian Peninsula. Americans considering travel to Kuwait should review the Worldwide Caution.

All U.S. citizens in Kuwait should exercise caution, maintain a low profile, and avoid areas where Westerners are known to congregate. Heightened security awareness should be exercised at all hotels and residential complexes, as terrorists in the past have specifically targeted hotel chains perceived as Western along with a variety of Western housing facilities. Military members, as well as civilians and contractors related to military interests, are also potential targets.

Terrorists do not distinguish between official and civilian targets. Terrorist actions may include bombings, hijackings, hostage taking, kidnappings and assassinations. Increased security at official U.S. facilities may lead terrorists and their sympathizers to seek softer targets such as public transportation, residential areas and apartment complexes, schools and places of worship, oil-related facilities and personnel, and public areas where people congregate including restaurants, hotels, clubs, and shopping areas. U.S. citizens are advised to immediately report any unusual or suspicious activity in Kuwait to the Kuwaiti police or to the U.S. Embassy.

·
7M till the END
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am not worried even %1 about my security, some of my family have been living there for over 20 years and I am sure I will blend in. Thank you for your concern though, if I remember correctly, Kuwait is one of the best places in the middle east for Americans as they get special treatment over regular residents and most Kuwaiti citizens love the western life and go touring in Europe and US every year. I remember in London I would see some nice expensive Mercedes, BMW,,,etc with Kuwaiti tags as they love their cars a lot more than most people.

so far what I have gathered online is basically very few minor attractions, near by islands, the towers, science center (aquarium), and apparently fishing which I will enjoy a lot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts