Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
:)
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive never been to the dyno...do you guys have any tips for me? should i brign race gas or pump? what gear to dyno in
? etc...

·
2,279 Posts
Only run race if you need it. Elsewise you'll just lose power. Dyno in 4th if 5speed, 3rd if auto.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Is this for tuning? Or just to see what #'s you put down?

I've been to a dyno enough and ran it enough and hell there is one ten feet from my office, so I've been aroudn them quite a bit.

I kind of have a checklist I go over. I check all the straps that they put on the car and make sure I can pretty much stand on them without them moving much. I check to make sure the car is centered well on the rollers, verify that the WB is reading correctly (if it's being used). Also one thing to make very sure is watch the Tach on the computer they have and rev the car a bit. Make sure that their tach movement is nice and smooth to indicate it is receiving a good solid signal. If you are driving it, go through the first 3 gears very easily, shifting at around 3k or so. Then when you get to 4th, let it bog down to about 2k, hit the green button, and go for it. It's a surreal experience to have the speedometer and tach reading what they are and to not be going anywhere. Have fun!

3,796 Posts
I did a quarter mile run on a mustang dyno and holly shit is it weird! Slammin gears and the car aint movin! :p ([email protected]) I would only run pump gas cause thats probably what you run on the street and tune for .1:1 richer than you want because you will run leaner on the street.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
i think some here forgot what u have under the hood lenny! ;)

1J UPGRADED TT peeps! SoCal Power!!!! :p

bring some water and a towel.... for urself! ;)

check all ur IC pipe connecters and make sure they are well clamped! last thing u want is a pipe blowing off on the dyno! check all fluids! go on pump gas for tuning and race gas for numbers! let the IC cool down before u dyno her in! remove the front bumper if ur feeling "froggy"! make socal proud or we will banish u! :freak:

what numbers u hoping to put down anyway lenny?

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
if you have buddies htta has nos you can spary the ic

this will ack liek your car is driven instead of heat soaking

it cna be called cheet but no tto bad i think i never did ti whe i dynoed

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
i always run a heavy mix of xylene....just in case.

certainly keep your IC nice and wet, slap a bag of ice on it or something....

1/4 mile runs on dynos are gay.

3,796 Posts

·
AEM SP63
1,459 Posts
WTF, 4th gear? I ran mine in 3rd.

3,796 Posts
3rd for tuning, 4th for #'s since its 1:1

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Had read somewhere before .... I think smething that Reg Reimer wrote (maybe) ... that said t dyno turbocharged cars in top gear.

Read this a long time go .. and even though everybody seems to think the best for numbers is 4th .... I juts never felt like brining up the top gear thing until now ... dunno why really.

Only advice I would give has already been said. Except for ... the fact thjat you need to bring a video camera so we can all see it. I wish you best of luck. Go Lenny!

G

·
It's a surreal experience to have the speedometer and tach reading what they are and to not be going anywhere. Have fun!
Definitely a trip going 120mph or whatever but not going anywhere... I was nervous before i did it until a guy in a Z06 crunched into 2nd on his run before mine, then i felt a little better. To be honest the thing that i was most nervous about was getting my wheels on the rollers with out going off the other side, or not going on them enough. I woulda been hella embarrassed going back and forth till i did it right. Its all gravy though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts