Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery cables need to be replaced because of some dryrot,and I figured now would be a good time to start getting a relocation kit. I know I need a drycell battery,and I'll be looking into that next. So,like the title says,who puts out a good kit at a reasonable price?

I'm thinking of this one from Summit

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
Just don't plan on any track days. A picky safety inspector at the drag strip may catch on to the missing battery and realize that you have it located in the passanger compartment.

Try a little searching, there are a few threads about what is needed to make a relocation legal in a hatch back style car

-Dustin

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Moroso kit :) track legal :) only down side it cost a little more, but wouldn't you rather pass tech to race down the 1/4 ?aight peace :chicken:

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
yeah, its more but it will save you time, in the long run if you get a prick inspector for the track like what catch2nd said.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
It will work fine.

I am using a home made kit (using the same marine box) as well as my buddy and he has been to 20+ track days without any hassles. Most tech inspection guys won't care unless you are running some serious times. At least at the track we go to.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
there is a TON of work that you'll need to do to PROPERLY and LEGALLY relocate the battery....there's a great thread in the drag racing forum (i think?).

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
It is supposed to be in a sealed box with a vent tube coming out of the box and into the atmosphere (outside of car).

You need a cut-off switch as well.

·
Banned
400 Posts
FinalRights said:
My battery cables need to be replaced because of some dryrot,and I figured now would be a good time to start getting a relocation kit. I know I need a drycell battery,and I'll be looking into that next. So,like the title says,who puts out a good kit at a reasonable price?

I'm thinking of this one from Summit

I have used the one from summit without any problems on some of my mustangs

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
No sense messing with any other relocation kit besides the Moroso.. it owns bigtime. Like DRJ said.. most fools dont realize how much wiring there is in installing a kill switch too.. see this diagram me and another guy in the drag race forums came up with:

I would suggest running the Moroso blue box along with a dry cell battery. You can risk running some home made stuff but if you ever want to hit the drag strip you could be sent home.. it has nothing to do with the times you run.

·
Registered
357 Posts
My sister had a 91 7 series bmw and the battery is under the rear seat(stock) and it doesn't have any tube for venting or anything so hows that work?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
upgradedsupra said:
Talyor also make a kit.

Duane
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

You mean this one???

Hey, it just so happens i have that EXACT one sitting in my garage waiting to be sold b/c the Odyssey battery i have is WAY to small for that box. So i built a custom one.

I have literally taken i out of the box, looked at it, then put it back in the box.

If you're interested, i'll BEAT any price that you can find from a VENDOR for the box.

It complies with all the drag strip rules b/c it is a sealed box. NHRA 8.1 compliant

PM me if you're interested. There are Tons of people that will vouch for the items that i sell.

Bryan

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
BigTSetter said:
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

You mean this one???

Hey, it just so happens i have that EXACT one sitting in my garage waiting to be sold b/c the Odyssey battery i have is WAY to small for that box. So i built a custom one.

I have literally taken i out of the box, looked at it, then put it back in the box.

If you're interested, i'll BEAT any price that you can find from a VENDOR for the box.

It complies with all the drag strip rules b/c it is a sealed box. NHRA 8.1 compliant

PM me if you're interested. There are Tons of people that will vouch for the items that i sell.

Bryan
That kit looks pretty nice actually!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts