Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had a few Car covers with my Supra that i had ,but if i didnt drive it for a few weeks I would always find that dust got through it. Can anyone recommend a good Car cover for the garage. I just want something that will keep the dust particles out.
Thanks

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts

·
Banned
888 Posts
haha, i went to autozone and picked mine up for like 30 bucks it works fine for me, even has a place to lock it on there.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys ill check it out. A couple of mine friends have some car covers that are just like sheets and just throw them on top of there cars. It seems to do the trick.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I hear California Car Covers are pretty good too. Check them out.

~Asim

·
Old School
4,094 Posts
I have a California Car Covers Dustop model, it's great.

·
Old School
4,094 Posts
Google it, I bought mine 6+ years ago, I have no idea what they go for today.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
again, please note that california car covers is just a distributor for Covercraft. All the car covers being discussed here, including the Weathersheild, are all made by the same company. They have numerous models depending on indoor/outdoor use. Since the thread starter wants something for indoor use, he would be in good shape with the dustop, doesn't need a weathersheild.

·
Old School
4,094 Posts
again, please note that california car covers is just a distributor for Covercraft. All the car covers being discussed here, including the Weathersheild, are all made by the same company. They have numerous models depending on indoor/outdoor use. Since the thread starter wants something for indoor use, he would be in good shape with the dustop, doesn't need a weathersheild.
I wish I'd known that back when I bought it, assuming I could have a saved a few bucks.

A rose by any other name is still a good car cover. :)

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
Please note: Weathershield meets his criteria by keeping the dust out. Since the thread starter asked I gave him my experience. Thanks for your helpful breakdown of models for indoor/outdoor use. Again, please note...some models may be better at repelling UV light, others may take up less space when stored, some may wick moisture better, and even others may be easier to handle in the wind. The fact that many if not all of them are made by Covercraft is irrelevant if all we are doing is meeting his "indoor" use criteria. It may be helpful to have a Weathershield if he ever ends up in an unforeseen "outdoor" (gasp) situation. Information and dialogue are helpful but don't be getting all wise in your own opinion on me now Beezybaby.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 2 cents...... I had a Cali car cover on the supra for two + years(turned carport to garage during that time) the sun did beat on it and it was worn and brittle checked back on the Cali car cover site. I realized that it was still under factory warranty sent it back and replaced it free of charge ... I believe that it listed at just under $150.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts