Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Supra hail dent king :(
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a small SUV or something along those lines. Priced between 5k - 12k. i'm looking for something like a 2000+ Rav 4, CR-V, or just something. But my question is.

From your personal experiences. What has came out best? I'd like something that is pretty easy to work on if you don't have a lift and what not. But something like a Rav4. Currently my mom has a 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo which is okay. but the miles are getting to high and i'm tired of messing with it. It's time for something alot newer with less then 80k miles. I'm sure there are a couple of choices. let me know what you guys like around the market. personal experiences and what not is very welcomed. 4 - 6 cylinders is what i want it to have. 4 x 4 if it can be. good gas mileage as well!

Anyone have any good options around? Doesn't have to be Japenese either. Any Make or model is fine. Much is appreciated!..

-Omar

·
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
aw come on. I'm sure some of you guys have bought and owned some small type of family suv.

Is there anything that i should stay away from? Reasons? (IE: weak transmissions, shitty something else, etc??)

·
D-Bag
559 Posts
The Honda CR-V and Toyota Rav 4 are both excellent choices. Plus they give great fuel economy but they do lack in the power division. I don't know how age fits in your criteria but in that price range you may be able to find a nice RX300, it may be a little older but it will still have more options than the previous two vehicles and most likely better resale value in the future as well. Hope this helps.

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
My sister owns a CRV, she's had since brand new. Now she has over 30k miles, no problems. Just pump gas, change oil. The AWD system is decent, not a true 4x4 truck, but gets around snow in the winter

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Don't personally own either but do have a family member who owns a RAV4...pretty solid car till his wife crashed it.

·
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
hmm. The rav4 is pretty high on my list. Age doesn't matter much as long as i can find something under 90k miles. Any other small SUV is good too. I have a friend who's parents have a Rav4 and i like it all. Inside and out. Pretty comfy for traveling. But since i've never looked into a Smaller SUV i wanted to see what other people though about other ones as well as to i have little knowledge on most things. It doesn't have to specifically be a rav4 or Crv. but those were some examples/options. Thanks for those who replied. i'll look up the rx300 right now. THanks!!

Omar

:EDIT: HOLY WOW!! the prices that the rx330 are at are VERY VERY amazing. ALOT cheaper then my mind would've EVER imagined coming from Lexus. One with 40 - 50k miles usually goes for 10 - 12k. That's from a Salesmen here intown at a Toyota/Lexus Dealership. and that's VERY freaking reasonable. My mind has been changed on the Rav4 unless i cannot find a RX300. But for now. The RX300 is what i will be looking into. Thanks for letting me know about this RZA36.. WUTANG! haha.. +1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts