Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Specs

Black 2002 Corvette Convertible
-Only 17,000 miles on it
-automatic :rolleyes:
-FULLY Loaded,
-leather
-heated seats, and every other option
-it has brand new 3 piece wheels on it with tires, they are 17' fiske forged with 245/45/17 good year eagles on them
-drilled and slotted rotors
-Corsa mufflers

My dads friend is selling the car and the dealer offered him 30k for it
The car is very very clean, never was in an accident. The Car was babied its whole life, garage kept and never driven in the rain.

My dads considering buying it because he knows how clean the car is and really doesn't want to let it go.

Just wondering do you guys think this is a good deal for 30k?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've seen '02 z06s w/ similar miles go for 30k... but i mean if its mint it might be worth it i guess...

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,919 Posts
TiGG said:
I've seen '02 z06s w/ similar miles go for 30k...
Bingo...

·
Sudafed can't kill me.
979 Posts
Definitely too high. Go check corvetteforum; these cars are dirt cheap.

·
Registered
658 Posts
according to the edmunds appraisel 31000 trade in 37000 retail getting a car that you know how it was cared for as oppsed to buying a cheaper one that may have been abused I say it is a great deal. I checked corvette forums I did not see any 02 convertables did see a coupe with 38000 miles and he was asking 26K I thnk 30 k for a low mileage convertable with the options and condition a good deal.

·
Sudafed can't kill me.
979 Posts
cds01 said:
must be nice to have 25k be dirt cheap
The 21-25k needed to obtain one is dirt cheap, relative to their value and their MSRP... ;)

·
Administrator
17,266 Posts
Seems a bit high to me, but I've only priced Z06's. I do realize that the convertible does carry some kind of premium to some though.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
The Corvette used market is an anomaly.

1.) The first two years in general sees a huge drop in values but stabilize/nearly stagnate for a few years thereafter.
2.) Sometimes 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 C5s can be nearly overlapping in price as long as miles are equivalent. Miles matter a lot to Vette valuation for some reason.
3.) Of course, some of these live-the-moment types go under and have to get rid of one at cut-rate prices during divorce proceedings, etc.
4.) Z06s MAY be niches within niches and those Vette lovers w/hardcore performance aspirations may be able to swing a C6 Z06...making C5 Z06s fall more dramatically in value than std. C5s.

·
NFA Pimp
2,734 Posts
A loaded out Vert will be more worth more then a loaded out Z. Especially with the C5s. The starting prices of a Vert is much higher then the starting price of a Z. You could get a Z06 for pretty much the same price of a standard Vette Coupe. I think the starting price was somewhere around 45-47k while the Verts were closer to the 50k mark. If you price out a vert with all the premium upgrades (yellow paint, Z51 suspension, ect,ect) you could go as high as 53-55k. With the Z you had les options to pick from and it was a hardtop. It was rare to see one that went over 51k. This was all when I was helping my friend shop for his back in 01. There is a big premium on convertible sports cars, I really never understood it, as I can't stand driving in one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts