Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hey kevin,

I've used Detailing Depot in Oakville a few times a couple of years ago. Tim is the owner and he's good and pretty reasonable.

·
Buy Wholesale
585 Posts
I'm a good detailer in the GTA :)

seriously though i run a mobile auto detailing service - Perfection Auto Detailing

PM me with what you want done, and i'll get back to you with a quote

I'm significantly cheaper than most shops from the get go, and I've worked on a number of high end cars including Caddilac CTS-V, Jaguar XJR, BMWs Mercedes and my own personal Supra TT

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'm looking for somebody who can do a really amazing job on a black car. I used to know someone who could make black paint look like a mirror.

So far I've found this guy, who look like he does pretty good work.

http://www.gtaindetail.com/

·
Buy Wholesale
585 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm looking for somebody who can do a really amazing job on a black car. I used to know someone who could make black paint look like a mirror.

So far I've found this guy, who look like he does pretty good work.

http://www.gtaindetail.com/
i've seen his work on autopia - seems like a good guy, and i would definitely recommend him if you don't decide on going thru me!!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
re: Detailing Shop

Well, the past few years the Toronto Supra club has held their annual show and shine event at a high end detailing shop in North York called Autobahn. I've never had my car detailed there, but from what I gather they seem to cater to high automobiles like Ferraris, Porsches, BMWs, Hummers etc... so you know they must do a pretty damn good job. Just don't expect them to price match other detailing shops though :)

Sonny

·
Buy Wholesale
585 Posts
Well, the past few years the Toronto Supra club has held their annual show and shine event at a high end detailing shop in North York called Autobahn. I've never had my car detailed there, but from what I gather they seem to cater to high automobiles like Ferraris, Porsches, BMWs, Hummers etc... so you know they must do a pretty damn good job. Just don't expect them to price match other detailing shops though :)

Sonny
hehehe yea theyre roughly double that GTA in detail does, and a bit more than double what i do

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Guys, sorry for bumping up an old thread but just wanted to share my work if anyone is in need of a good polish.

Arrival pic

Always start with the wheels first

Paint being measured

Rubber trim being masked off to prevent burning

Before

After

50/50 shot

Cleaning out polish residue from the clear bra edge

And applying Opti Gloss Coat

Finished pics

Thanks!
Wes

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Very nice.. Any website or details on what you do?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Love it. I know that car. Tell him to send me your info. Want my Supra done. We work together.

PS, he swears by that opti coat. Me WANT !!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wow great work, I am very interested in bringing some life back into the original paint. Please post website/contact details.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Very nice.. Any website or details on what you do?
Love it. I know that car. Tell him to send me your info. Want my Supra done. We work together.

PS, he swears by that opti coat. Me WANT !!
Wow great work, I am very interested in bringing some life back into the original paint. Please post website/contact details.
count me in , i would like to refresh my pearl diamond white
Hey guys, I appreciate the great feedback! My contact details are, cell (647)999-8499 and email [email protected]

Here is another mini write up on a Lexus ISF that is weather appropriate

As usual the rims were attended to first

Washing, always done using the 2 Bucket Method

Paint measurements taken

Before

After

And a 50/50 shot

Action shot

Finished shots

·
Registered
40 Posts
This 1M is owned by a very good friend who bought it just before Christmas. He had been eyeing it in a BMW showroom for months saying that he planned to purchase it, lol I didn't believe him, but in to the shop it came!

Arrival pics

Cleaning the wheels

Car wash

Measuring the paint

Before

After

50/50 shot

Unmasking the trim

And cleaning the polishing dust out the cracks

Opti Coat Primer

And Opti Coat Pro

And finished pics

·
Registered
40 Posts
We had detailed this client's RS before as well as his 997.2 RS so we were familiar with the paint as well as the condition of the car. Always a pleasure to see this one and work on it as well. The paint was looking just a little rough and we were hoping a 1 stage polish would be enough but in the end we did a non aggressive 2 stage polish which was protected afterwards with Opti Gloss Coat.

As usual, hope you enjoy the pics!

Arrival pic

After the wheel cleaning and 2 bucket car wash we clayed the paint with the Nano Skin Mitt

Brought it in and masked off the rubber trim

Then took paint measurements

1st stage polish before

1st stage polish after with a bit of haze

50/50 shot

·
Registered
40 Posts
2nd stage polish before

2nd stage polish after and the haze all gone

And a shot of us polishing

Cleaning out the residue from the edge of the stone guard with a tooth pick

Then alcohol wipe down

Applying Opti Gloss Coat

And finally the finished pics. I wish so badly that the sun was out to show just how glossy the paint was.

This was the best glossy pic I could take and it didn't even come close

Nonetheless I hope you guys enjoyed seeing the process on a rare colored RS.

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I love this color! From pics in magazines etc I wasn't sure how I felt about Austin Yellow, but in person it is so beautiful! This client had brought us his previous Evo X but had sold that and purchased this. It was fairly new so all that was needed was a 1 stage polish.

I really wish the sun was out for the pics to do the color justice but it is what it is.

Arrival

Claybar

Measuring the paint

Before

After

Dressing the tires

Cleaning the windows

And the finished pics

1 - 20 of 43 Posts