Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1986.5, Toyota, Supra
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1986.5 supra with the stock 7M-GE and I want to know, what would be a good engine swap (that is not a JZ or LS)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Have you looked at the W16 motors? I don’t think anyone has done a W16 swap.

Those old 3 cylinder Geo Prism motors would be a pretty ereet swap too assuming the car is a rusty shit bucket

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,648 Posts
k24A2 with 4 Piston top end and Ti rods.

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
498 Posts
@pham I saw it. :)

How about a slant 6 out of a 1967 Dart?

Reactions: pham

·
Registered
283 Posts
@pham where in the hell would you find a geo prism !?!?!? those are really hard to find lol lol

Reactions: pham

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
I see you @pham, I see you! 🍺

Nothing like seeing a thread where someone wants an original/different idea, so they can copy it and brag about being original and different.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Pham's gets my vote - complex beyond belief to integrate, impossible to package, a cantankerous engine, and it will cost a fortune to tune up. But as an alternative, having the sibling W8 would get you all of those problems, but at a lower cost to acquire if you can find a VW Phaeton in a junkyard. You could even mount it in the cargo area using the FWD factory transaxle for the world's first W8 mid engine Supra.

Heh. Back to reality, I have always thought the Lexus 4.0V8 would be a fantastic swap. I have one and was hoping someone would hit and total it until I changed my mind when the frozen 7M in my project car finally freed up after 3 months of Kroil in the cylinders.

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,648 Posts
@MFC what are you feeling thus far after these posts?

·
Registered
246 Posts
1FZ-FE

4.5L Straight six

240 hp and 300 lb⋅ft

It's Toyota. hard to source.

RB26

S54B32 Is a capable motor and the 6 speed it comes with is also supposed to be rated for 700+ HP.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have two 1FZ-FE's and they are monsters. I'd be curious if they fit in a Supra? It's an industrial engine that also sees duty in forklifts and industrial stationary pumps. It's huge and weighs about the same as a GM 454 block. Great engine.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts