Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
UT OH !!!
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a new 7mgte and was wondering what companies people have used in order to buy engines. I would like postive and negative feedback and whether a warranty of any kind is given. Links to websites if possible. Thanks in Advance.

Please no comments about getting a 7m instead of a 1jz. Money isnt very plentiful right now and i need my car back on the road. (DD)

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
www.osakajdmmotors.com
i went online and it said $1000 shipped...So i called em, said i needed a new motor, they told me $1200 and i said NO IT SAID $1K and they said alright thats the old site and i said well thats what im paying and they sent me one.
The motor got lost in Freight and 3 weeks later didnt have my motor. Called and caused some hell, They didnt know what happened. They searched for it, they called back and said that the frieght company lost it and they have no idea how the hell that happened.
They then asked if i wanted my money back and i said NO i need the damn motor. They said it would here in 4 days.
I got it in 4 Days!!! :)

you have to deal with the Damn french bastards/japanese fuckers that answer the phone.

·
Registered
81 Posts
www.osakajdmmotors.com
i went online and it said $1000 shipped...So i called em, said i needed a new motor, they told me $1200 and i said NO IT SAID $1K and they said alright thats the old site and i said well thats what im paying and they sent me one.
The motor got lost in Freight and 3 weeks later didnt have my motor. Called and caused some hell, They didnt know what happened. They searched for it, they called back and said that the frieght company lost it and they have no idea how the hell that happened.
They then asked if i wanted my money back and i said NO i need the damn motor. They said it would here in 4 days.
I got it in 4 Days!!! :)

you have to deal with the Damn french bastards/japanese fuckers that answer the phone.
how was the motor?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
it was obviously cleaned. The turbo was locked up...kinda dissapointing cuz i was gonna sell it.
But everything was Cherry on it.
They sent me the wrong year tho, but it doesnt matter. i just switched over some connectors. i think it was an early 89 engine cuz some of the connectors still worked for my car and stuff and it still had the 6M crank.

But other wise, i tore it apart and put a head gasket and new gaskets everywhere. Pistons looked good and the cross hatching looked good.
And ive put about 6000 miles on it so far and its running great...besides the valve stem seals need replaced.
But im boosting it good and theres no blow by at all when i started it.
Im a happy camper

·
UT OH !!!
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well... I'm narrowed down to 2 companies. I have heard a few good things about "Japanese Engines Inc." which is on the west coast somewhere.(I dont remember where) And I also found "japangeneraljdmmotors.com" . Both are very close in price, but i would like any feedback from people who have used them. I talked to my mechanic, and he said that it isnt worth rebuilding my old engine.

·
grease monkey
317 Posts
has anyone heard of jk japanese engines. they are located in vancouver toronto and seattle. has anyone dealt with them?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Jarco but they are a bit more expensive but they come with a warranty and stuff.

·
UT OH !!!
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aright, well, i finally ordered a 7mgte after waiting a while. I ended up ordering from Tigerjapanese.com. It came out to about 1100 shipped. Also ordered some goodies from HPF. If anyone can let me know if they have used tiger before, it would be greatly appreciated. I did alot of reading on their site and they seem pretty legit, and any other place that i called was out of stock, so i went with tiger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts