Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just bought a 1987 mk3 Supra with a 7M-GE. The old originale exhaust is rusted,
and I'm going to buy a new one. Does anyone have a good and reasonable exhaust to recommend?

What sites are recommended to buy from?

Thanks

· Registered
38 Posts
The Pacesetter exhaust works fine for me, I bought it used for $80, it is only mild steel and would probably only last 6 or 7 years before it rusts out, if you paint it with some good high temp paint it will last alot longer before it rusts from the inside out. It sounds pretty good on the 7M-GE, nice deep tone, not too raspy. Honestly I noticed a pretty big loss in low rpm horsepower, but it really opened up the power in higher rpm's, I miss the low end power though and would probably switch back to my stock exhaust if it wasnt rusted out.

Heres a soundclip(windows are down)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv6FBwgW-nk

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
Stock exhaust with no cat, sounds great, or yeah a pacesetter.

· Registered
472 Posts
The Pacesetter exhaust works fine for me........... Honestly I noticed a pretty big loss in low rpm horsepower, but it really opened up the power in higher rpm's, I miss the low end power though and would probably switch back to my stock exhaust if it wasnt rusted out.
Your loss of low end torque is from the exhaust being too open, swapping to a more restrictive muffler, like a 2-3 chamber turbo should bring back your low end torque.

· Spools VERY Slow
741 Posts
get an exhaust that will fit turbo engine so if you decide to swap you can use it later on down the road.

· Registered
801 Posts
I fell like mine is peppy but the sound is where it's at, if I dyno it I'm sure it's not the best but i don't care much since I'll be boosting here in a couple months. Also I'm using a magnaflow muffler so only the best helps

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a reply from Robert @ MVP Motorsports. He recommends the HKS Dragger Exhaust. It costs $619. What do you guys recon?

------

This system has a 120mm tip & 85mm pipe. Actual tip is shown in the picture. Drager Exhaust systems are designed
for both turbocharged & normally-aspirated vehicle applications. Each Drager exhaust is constructed using an
unchambered (SUS 304) stainless steel muffler assembly, high-quality welds & large-diameter aluminized steel piping.

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
If you plan on going turbo get the hks, if not, I would get the pacesetter, or gut the cat.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.