Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im new to this forum and recently purchased a 97 tt auto supra. I was wondering what is a good exhaust system for a fair price that will give a nice throaty sound and also add some nice power. I have been looking alot online but cant seem to find anything really good and was wondering since most of you have experience if you could help me out. Thanks alot.

B

·
0 Posts
My vote is for the GReddy SP. Nice deep sound, not too loud, the best ground clearance and piping stability of all the aftermarket exhausts, and the muffler/tip look badass.

Bob

·
Registered
126 Posts
Awesome exhaust

I have the HKS hyper Titanium Race Series Exhaust
To me it sounds really great....Really deep and throaty. but at idle it's relative quiet if you do not have a downpipe. When you are driving around and stay below 3000rpm it has a nice deep tone.
When you launch and stay in it, it definately commands attention.
Ask the police!!! hehehe!!!

Several of my friends have the HKS SuperDragger, for the money that is a really nice catback....good deep throaty sound, not quiet as deep as the HyperTitanium but it is nice. Sounds really good on their cars. It's not that loud when you are just easing around, but when you get on it, it is respectable.

Exhaust is like icecream, everybody has their favorite flavor.

If you can find someone with an exhaust and check it out, before you buy one.

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Bob,

I noticed, on several posts, that u really like ur Greddy SP.

What kind of BPU r u running? What HP (crank or rwhl)?

Later,

Jay

B

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I like the SP, its worked out well for me.

My main mods are:

Blitz DSBC
Random metal-substrate catalyst DP
GReddy SP
Buschur FMIC
K&N drop-in air filter
Racelogic traction control
Fluidyne radiator

-Bob

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Have you noticed any differnces on Dyno between different exhaust systems? Or all 3'' exhaust give same power increase???

B

·
0 Posts
Jay: I don't have any recent dyno results with my latest mods. Before I added the FMIC, and when I had a different DP/cat setup, my best HP was ~385 at 17psi. My car feels much stronger now with the FMIC/metal substrate DP so I assume my power is higher but I don't have dyno results to verify.

I live in So Cal, the SP is about 2 years old and still in great shape. GReddy now offers a 3-year warranty (began that after I bought mine). I have heard of rust issues from other members, i don't know the conditions that they operated in though.

Peter: I briefly had a Thermal R&D system, which is a straight design 3". Power felt the same but it was much louder. No dyno results to confirm though. I bet there isn't more than 5hp difference between all the systems at BPU level.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ray745,

The best bang for your buck would be the Apex'i N1 exhaust (my first exhaust) around $400. You can find one online from dusty or mohd at a very resonable price. but if $ is not too big an issue...i would go with the Blitz Nurspec R or tanabe racing medallion.

Wezz

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks alot for your input guys, really appreciate it, i think im gonna go with the blitz nur spec, ill tell you guys how i like it when i get it

J

·
0 Posts
The indy car like sound of the Super Dragger is what sold me. I'm very happy with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts