Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've decided to drop my v160 and 3.13 diff in my 5 speed NA finally since the clutch went out on my w58. I intend on swapping the motor for a GTE next year, but since I don't want the car sitting for months (and I don't want to waste money on a clutch for the w58), I'd rather just swap in the 6 speed now. I have all the parts including the South Bend Stage 3 Endurance (dual mass flywheel) clutch that I'm going with except for the flywheel. Since I can't use my existing flywheel, my question is: which flywheel should I use if I'm going with a dual mass flywheel? The stock one is quite pricey at this point, are there other options that people have gone with in this situation? Any reason I should go single mass flywheel at all? My power goals aren't beyond 600-650hp, would these (linked) be acceptable options?

www.mvpmotorsports.com/fidanza/fidanza-flywheel-aluminum/130661/i-165478.aspx

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
LUK DMF047

Is the oem Flywheel. It's made by LUK. Not expensive at rock auto 馃槈
Do you know if I can use the existing flywheel bolts on my NA or are the bolts for TT/v160 flywheel different? They're about $13 a piece from toyota so they add up in price...

Mind if I do a J?
Do you know if I can use the existing flywheel bolts on my NA or are the bolts for TT/v160 flywheel different? They're about $13 a piece from toyota so they add up in price...
You absolutely cannot reuse flywheel bolts. They are torque-to-yield and must be replaced. Also, I agree that the stock dual mass flywheel would be ideal with that particular clutch.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
You absolutely cannot reuse flywheel bolts. They are torque-to-yield and must be replaced. Also, I agree that the stock dual mass flywheel would be ideal with that particular clutch.

You're right, thanks and thanks for the link

1 - 5 of 5 Posts