Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this question has ben asked before but i cant find the thread it was on so here it comes again where and who in the d/c , v.a, m.d area is there a good tunner for a na-t setup with a map ecu if anybody could chime in and help me out it really would be appreciated thanks in advance

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
i know this question has ben asked before but i cant find the thread it was on so here it comes again where and who in the d/c , v.a, m.d area is there a good tunner for a na-t setup with a map ecu if anybody could chime in and help me out it really would be appreciated thanks in advance
NA-T is tough....a regular tt car is a snap, but na-t could take some time....you may be better off data logging on the street and trying to tune that way....i have heard of na-t cars spending alot of time on the dyno only to be street tuned later.
good luck

·
At My Signal Unleash Hell
820 Posts
NA-T is tough....a regular tt car is a snap, but na-t could take some time....you may be better off data logging on the street and trying to tune that way....i have heard of na-t cars spending alot of time on the dyno only to be street tuned later.
good luck
It all depends on your set up I guess.
My NA-T was easy to tune. I spend time on the dyno just because I kept changing few things here and there and just playing around.
With the VPC and S-AFC combination things are really simple. Not sure about a stand alone since I never played with one.
On my setup 515rwhp was a snap.

--Oliver

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
It all depends on your set up I guess.
My NA-T was easy to tune. I spend time on the dyno just because I kept changing few things here and there and just playing around.
With the VPC and S-AFC combination things are really simple. Not sure about a stand alone since I never played with one.
On my setup 515rwhp was a snap.

--Oliver
map ecu isn't a standalone....the karman vortex sensor makes them harder to tune than hotwire in general.....on an na-t it really depends how much injector you have as well....vpc and safc is much easier, but map ecu has higher resolution and control.....

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
map ecu isn't a standalone....the karman vortex sensor makes them harder to tune than hotwire in general.....on an na-t it really depends how much injector you have as well....vpc and safc is much easier, but map ecu has higher resolution and control.....
hey have you tuned any map ecus and did you do it on the street if so would that be something you would do before going to a dyno and have someone tune it thanks again to all the help form everyone and oliver thanks for the #to tuned functions i think i will probably end up going to them i had a pretty good conversation with the tuner there

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
I have tuned and retuned my own several times as I changed setups..I would definately recommend a street tune for general drivability...you can set up your idle in your driveway.... that way the only thing you need to dyno tune is WOT under boost....you could do it all on adyno pretty easily as well, but you will run a little richer on the dyno than you will on the street which probably is ok...what I'm saying is don't feel that you have to have a bunch of dyno time if you have a wideband with loging capability...I'd definately get on the dyno with an experienced tuner before you crank up the boost too much....especially on an na-t....a spike to 17 or 18psi probably wont hurt a tt, but withthe higher compression na motor, a lean 18psi might break it....

good luck, I hope this helps..

Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts