Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good price on those? My Battery is fading and I'm going to need a new one soon.

·
Registered
248 Posts
i just went out and bought an orange top at Batteries Plus for $160. Noone seems to sell the post position for the supra (at least locally) except Batteries Plus. The blue top was $199. Pep Boys sells the red top for $109 and $119 but you'll have to cross the cables or extend it.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Only the orange top has the correct non-reversed post configuration for the supra. The blue/yellow tops will be reversed. Fine if your battery terminals are long enogh.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what is the correct Optima battery to buy with reversed terminals if i want a deep cycle battery (yellow top)? The orange is the same as red with reversed terminals. So which is the one for the yellow top?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i have the yellow top and had to make no modifications for it to fit perfect ! i got mine at www.carparts.com paid 130.00 but i dont think youll get it at that price again!

·
Banned
945 Posts
TVRsupra said:
So what is the correct Optima battery to buy with reversed terminals if i want a deep cycle battery (yellow top)? The orange is the same as red with reversed terminals. So which is the one for the yellow top?
There's a misconception that the tops signify deep cycle which isn't true.. deep cycle optimas have light gray bottoms. Now, all yellow tops happen to be deep cycle, but blue Optimas come in light grey (deep cycle) and dark gray (cranking). I've only seen red in dark grey.

·
We has your money!
576 Posts
Joose said:
Anyone know a good price on those? My Battery is fading and I'm going to need a new one soon.
I have a yellow top in my engine bay and a blue top in my trunk for my stereo..I am going to be getting a capacitor so I will sell you my battery

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Good Place to buy Optima Blue Top

sonik said:
I am going to be getting a capacitor so I will sell you my battery
Sorry i think im just going to buy new, but thanks for the offer.

So the general price for the blue top is $199 ?? or does anyone know anywhere better. I like the blue top because I've been told you can use the extra posts for your stereo and so forth. Anyone using the blue top in their engine bay?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts