Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well finally ordered the cutout today from summit, now since its gonna be annoyingly loud when its open its time to quiet down the exaust a bit. i found one on ebay, but does anyone know where to get one that would quit things down a bit? i found one on summit, but i would have to redo the exaust system to do it. i am not worried about losing a few HP, just want a strait piece if possible

ebay one: link

thanks
<l><l>

·
Registered
238 Posts
While the e-bay one is cheap, it does nothing for the sound. I put one on my son's honda del sol and it was as loud as straight through. Replaced it with my old 3" hi perf cat on that car.
I have an aeroturbine 3" resonator which the local muffler guy welded on in place of the cat for about $80. It is stainless, straight through, and sounds great. The hi perf cat I had made it sound like a truck engine braking when I let off the throttle. Much mellower now and I suppose I could tell a cop it is a hi perf. cat if need be. You can look up local dealer on line, I recommend this product highly, and would have used their muffler too except I already a magnaflow and they are pretty pricey(~280usd)/.

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k thanks, ill check into it.

<l><l>

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
single chamber flowmaster...

it will work, but it's gonna be nasty loud...

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
already have a flowmaster muffler, im trying to quiet it down while the cut-out is closed

<l><l>

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
burnsstainless

1 - 7 of 7 Posts