Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the market for a single turbo KIT. i ahve a partial sponsor ,i get cost on parts. i need a street turbo no laggy huge t88h s. no nos and a simple setup no aem or methanol just a simple setup for street. heres my options greddy t78 kit 3,300$ hks fuel sytem kit o rings and grommets pump rail injecters 1,700$ and alil i/c pipe work to make my i/c fit[apexi hybrid] any good?i want bang for the buck and simplicity here.i have to hunt down a vpc and a gcc still but that and my afc should be enough. anything im missing here?oh labor???$ and what et to expect here?thanks.

B

·
0 Posts
Sounds like you got a good idea of what you want to do. I would deffintly look into getting the boost-logic kit very affordable and the guys over thier have great customer service. I know Im getting thier kit. as far as looking for a vpc and gcc you might wanna head over to www.powerhouseracing.com and look at the new phr/map piggy back it replaces the vpc/gcc combo and is a great deal for the price. I know dusty sells them, I think phr has a 100 dollars rebate right now....goodluck.-pete

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
yo BJ, i would suggest trying out Boost Logic turbo kits, I only hear good things about them and the price $3,500 you can't beat. the Bl67GTQ will WAY outspool the T78 and sounds way cooler IMO.

-Brett

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really u think think the bl over the t78?? how complete is it??u dont think the prices i have for the t78 is good enough? tell me more and why the bl kit. where to get some info?

·
Registered
108 Posts
BL or SP, they have contact numbers somewhere around here, give em calls and i'm sure you'll get all the information you need.

S

·
0 Posts
neonafk said:
yo BJ, i would suggest trying out Boost Logic turbo kits, I only hear good things about them and the price $3,500 you can't beat. the Bl67GTQ will WAY outspool the T78 and sounds way cooler IMO.

-Brett
Please show us dyno graphs to support your claim. I tired of hearing this shit. WAY outspool??

I want to see graphs (not supplied by BL either) of a 67GTQ vs a T78 on the same car keeping all other things equal. If you can't supply the info then STFU.

Once again, even if the spool is better, it's mainly because of the smaller A/R, in which case the T78 would pull harder on the top end.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
wow this is a little off topic....but you ran a 11.2 @ 113??? obviously you were braking through the end, but damn thats some driving! all at BPU++???

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup when i saw my 60ft time on the board i braked at the 100' mark to try for 12 sec slip. i have no cage so i didnt want to ruin my next chance at the world record stock twin.bpu++ i have are fmic ,afc ,intake ,turbo ,back, camgears at zero still,hardpipeing bcc , thats it ,ohh wastegate hose pulled [19.psi.]

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
hey im not saying i know anyone who makes mad power, but AZMongoose put down 713rwhp on a 67GTQ. show me a T78 that made more than 700rwhp on boost only, with an A/R most likely smaller than .81(not sure of his a/r size).

The T78 is an old turbo, which most manufacturers in the USA have come up with better technology, which may cost a little bit more, but IMO the T78 is outdated(good value though).

Brett

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i3oca said:
jesus! do you normally run that well? this was on et street right? do you have any videos?
i got a short video with the 11.3 or 4 @123+mph. contact me on aim nos wild ill send it too u. or anyone wanna host it.?

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok bl kit is $ 3550 now which turbo would be sufficient?the t70gtq seems like a good size turbo.plus the fuel system price isnt that bad either.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
T70? no way BJ!~go BL67GTQ!!! you do want spool do ytou? the T78 is a 67mm turob anyways.

Brett

·
Registered
855 Posts
neonafk said:

-Brett
Brett, please provide proof to back up your statement that the BL67GTQ WAY outspools a T78. I'm very interested in seeing this! I want to see how laggy the T78 is in comparison even though the T78 is old technology. I know my T78 spools pretty nicely, albeit nothing like an SP57. I really hate to hear people repeating this crap until I can see for myself how much faster XYZ turbo spools in comparison.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what the bl t70 too big? im doing the fuel sytem too support full boost. like i said my goal is for a fast street car. my ffriends t66 is fine since he whoops on t72s all day t72 too laggy but the t66 seems like what i need . a strong streeet fighter.which ever i get i want too maximize it not just buy a huge turbo like some do and never use it to its fullest. what is the t67gtq capable of?will it fit my needs?btw i will be at the track quite often also.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts