Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving daily my 98 for over 3 years and kept putting off finding a sunshade that fits snug and does it's job. Lately I have noticed how hot it actually gets in the car during the day while I'm at work. Poor car sits out in the sun while the dash is getting cooked, I want to prevent the common problem with dash curling up around defrost area and just simply try to keep interior somewhat cooler , so I'm in need of good quality shade that fits and does it's job while looking good.
Any good suggestions before I buy one off fleebay?TIA

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I know you have your own taste and style, but I think this would be very functional and also look cool:

I would cut one to fit from good quality cardboard, made so it can fold, and cover it with gold heat reflecting foil available from Pegasus Racing. The foil itself is adhesive backed and has a reinforcing fiber in it so it's very tough, so it would make the cardboard even more durable and could actually act as a functional hinge where you fold the cardboard.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RZ, thanks, I'll check it out.

Nick, thanks for suggestion, I just don't think I want to spend a day making this thing with all the projects going on at the shop and in the end it may cost me couple hundred $$,since it's $30 per linear foot.

·
Registered
541 Posts
walmart, the silver huge round ones, get the ones that fit a gs400 or gs300, works great and covers everything....they are two pieces and fold up into a nice little circle
+1, I use them on my cars incl. the Supra.

·
Rockstar Extraordinaire
467 Posts
Make sure not to get the bubble wrap fold up shades. They have this paper like material all around the shade that with in a few months starts to break down and makes this annoying dust that gets everywhere.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
walmart, the silver huge round ones, get the ones that fit a gs400 or gs300, works great and covers everything....they are two pieces and fold up into a nice little circle
This the one I use and I also use this for all my cars. Cheap, works great, and last a very long time.. haha!

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
Thanks to this thread I went to Walmart today and got the Auto Expressions auto shades for 8.37 for the size up from standard. It fits 90-95 percent, and for the price I can't complain. It'll do me fine until I feel I have enough extra funds to order a custom one to fit properly. For now it does the job just fine, and will save my ass in the next few days as temps are going to hit 100+.

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
I think it's 30 each if you buy more than one SupraRunner93. After seeing how much they are I think I may have to return the walmart ones lol. I think those are much better Tony, thanks for the link! After driving for the first time today with the walmart ones in the back, they exploded open out of no where and flapped around when I was on the freeway. Pretty much scared me when it happened, so I think I'll be going with the simpler sun shades.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think it's 30 each if you buy more than one SupraRunner93. After seeing how much they are I think I may have to return the walmart ones lol. I think those are much better Tony, thanks for the link! After driving for the first time today with the walmart ones in the back, they exploded open out of no where and flapped around when I was on the freeway. Pretty much scared me when it happened, so I think I'll be going with the simpler sun shades.
I keep mine inbetween the passenger seat and center console, has never exploded on me

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts
No problems guys, I have about 6 of these shades, for all the cars I currently and have owned in the past, plus my family all have them also. I like them because they are heavy duty and fit great, if you put them on correctly you dont even need to use the visor to keep them up. It is a must have for AZ summers where it is constantly in the 100+ range for months on end.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts