Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just buyed a beautiful Withe 1993 Supra TT 6 Speed ( JDM ) with 48 000 miles on it.

Im planing to put a Single Turbo setup.

My spec for the moment is the following:

Front Mount Intercooler Greddy
Aftermarket MAF
Pro Racer Catback
Greddy Boost Controller ( boosting 1 bar / 14.5 PSI )
HKS Turbo timer

So the question is, what setup would be good for 500+ RWHP ?

Im not planing to do drag race, or laping, or drifting. I just want to have fun in the streets thats all. I also do not want big LAG from the turbo. I want to be able to run with 91 Octane too, dont wanna use race gas or something like that.

Can anyone help me ? Bring me some turbo brand you have already tested or heard from someone. Oh and yes, I want to have an external wastegate with the setup, my friend IS 300 has one and the sound is freakin awesome hehe !

Tanks guys for helping !!! :tongue:

· Registered
14,778 Posts
personally id go with a search button.

nothing better than getting instant spool on a search button with pump gas.

you ever ride in a supra running twin search buttons? fuckin amazing is what it is.....

· Registered
79 Posts
Hey guys, just buyed a beautiful Withe 1993 Supra TT 6 Speed ( JDM ) with 48 000 miles on it.

Im planing to put a Single Turbo setup.

My spec for the moment is the following:

Front Mount Intercooler Greddy
Aftermarket MAF
Pro Racer Catback
Greddy Boost Controller ( boosting 1 bar / 14.5 PSI )
HKS Turbo timer

So the question is, what setup would be good for 500+ RWHP ?

Im not planing to do drag race, or laping, or drifting. I just want to have fun in the streets thats all. I also do not want big LAG from the turbo. I want to be able to run with 91 Octane too, dont wanna use race gas or something like that.

Can anyone help me ? Bring me some turbo brand you have already tested or heard from someone. Oh and yes, I want to have an external wastegate with the setup, my friend IS 300 has one and the sound is freakin awesome hehe !

Tanks guys for helping !!! :tongue:

I put GT35r with .63ar on mine. Around 500rwhp and no turbo lag whatsoever.
Ofc i have some more mods aswell. Like medium light flywheel, all engine wheels are changed to light aluminium ones, HKS cam wheels and all other parts what are capable up to 800hp.
:)

· Registered
100 Posts
If you don't mind spending the money for quality...PHR's street kit and MAP2ECU will get you there with reliability. I have one and love the fact that the turbo follows the throttle. The kit bolted up without modification when I specified the brand of intercooler (HKS). Either way you go, don't skimp on quality and research, research, research!

· Registered
576 Posts
if your planning on DD it then i wouldnt go with to small a turbo for gas milege... unless this doesnt bother you but i personaly dont want to be on boost when im just cruising home.. 67mm id say but thats just my take

12,374 Posts
67mm
walbro pumpsx2
bigger injectors, 700cc+
FMIC, 3"pipes
BOV
38mm+ WG
MAPECU(if you can't afford AEM)
I have 4" exhaust all the way, not necessary for 500hp. It be good to have it though.
Some good clutch, lots of options.
Good tune 17 psi and you are there at 500hp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.