Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are some good sites for pricing on higher end stereo equipment? I know that there aren't any places on the net to buy eclipse gear but any place to find info about them?

Thanks,
Steve

·
651 Posts
There is absolutely no better place for information on Eclipse gear that this website... www.eclipse-web.com

What info you can't find there (If there is any? I will try and find out for you.)

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas

·
Registered
248 Posts
Tom -

I'm not trying to sharpshoot you by any means, but the Eclipse website sucks a few yards of moosecock. Try finding any information on crossover slopes much less any other useful information. A friend of mine and I recently visited your Burnet location in Austin and inquired about the Eclipse 3650 and 21010 for his car and had to get the manuals out to get to the useful information.

I've got another rant for you, but I'll keep it private.

SP

·
651 Posts
Allright Sean.....

You need to know something about any product we sell, send me an email and I will personally get you the information.

It is somewhat unfair to expect all of our salespeople to know every single specification on every product we sell. The salesperson should have provided you the information you were looking for. If he did not, that was unacceptable and you have every right to be dissappointed.

Bottom line... you need some techincal information on something, email me privately.

Tom Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom,

I am not trying to put you out of business or anything, and I know the "brick-and-mortar" shops are the best shopping experiences, but for those who want to save some money try www.carmedia1.com. I have purchased two Alpine head units and a Rockford Fosgate amp from them. Prices are some of the best I have found, customer service is somewhat lacking, however.

Again, I think I can speak for everyone here that we appreciate your knowlegde and expertise Tom, and I am not trying to take business away from you.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Originally posted by VT Turbo:
<STRONG>Tom,

I am not trying to put you out of business or anything, and I know the "brick-and-mortar" shops are the best shopping experiences, but for those who want to save some money try www.carmedia1.com. I have purchased two Alpine head units and a Rockford Fosgate amp from them. Prices are some of the best I have found, customer service is somewhat lacking, however.

Again, I think I can speak for everyone here that we appreciate your knowlegde and expertise Tom, and I am not trying to take business away from you.</STRONG>

ya i feel the same, i've got a friend who sells car audio, he sells most brands except diamond audio, xtant, eclipse, and a few others. His prices are best i've seen, a little over wholesale. He quoted me 1450 for alpine ivac800, goes for what 2k retail? Hes very cool and reliable, email me at [email protected] for his information :)

thanks
dave

·
Registered
248 Posts
Tom -

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I can see how you took my statements the way you did. That wasn't a rant on the CS salesperson. We actually checked the Eclipse website before going to the store. We were there to pick up some other goods and do some shopping so we inquired about the Eclipse products previously mentioned. Your salesperson checked the Eclipse "spec sheets/product information" and the information wasn't contained there either so he graciously got the product from the back and we found the information we were seeking.

My point was that the Eclipse website really is lacking in technical information as are there product sheets - not that the CS salesperson was lacking on knowledge. I can see how you got that from my post but it wasn't my intention.

My "rant" is directed as salesperson behavior but not in that regard. It's not much of a rant, but I was surprised when the salesperson quoted my friend an amplifier output at 13.8V into 2 ohms which was a heavily inflated number and likely dependent on dynamic headroom. Funny thing - it was on the same Eclipse amp and he was quoting the product literature.

Call me old school for being used to 12V, 4 ohm ratings, but then again, I don't like to hear dyno numbers that were produced using Arctic air, 120 octane race gas and a liquid nitrogen bath for the intercooler.

***NOTE: for all those reading this, these are only minor quips and shouldn't be taken as the norm for Tom's organization. I've been a CS customer for 10 years and will continue to be when possible. When it comes to retail mobile audio, you'll be hard pressed to ever find any place that can match their service and quality as well as pricing.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Park
good to se you followed up on that as i misunderstood it also but i thought you meant the site sucked and the store employe help find the info like you just posted :D
also we i spend more than 500bucks on stuff i like to buy from store where i can see and speak to people when i need help some of these online stores give good prices but i hate to take a chance and get a busted unit and have to ship it out again and wait so i rather spend a few bucks more and drive to my local shop and have peace of mind and some good tech support behind it also!

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
sorry was unclear i also took it as the site sucked and theguy helped you not the other way around sorry!
Originally posted by Park:
<STRONG>
but i thought you meant the site sucked and the store employe help find the info like you just posted
I did mean that the website sucks. The difference was that I wasn't implying that a salesperson should have every last piece of information committed to memory.</STRONG>

·
Registered
248 Posts
but i thought you meant the site sucked and the store employe help find the info like you just posted
I did mean that the website sucks. The difference was that I wasn't implying that a salesperson should have every last piece of information committed to memory.

·
651 Posts
Allright everyone, this is my last post here on this thread..

If anyone wants to take the time to come into any of our stores, we will BEAT anyone's LEGITIMATE price. Internet or not. Does not matter. A company of our size has no problem beating the deals of any "mom and pop" organization.

Just try me, that's all I ask.

Just don't ask me to ship products ro other cities. That I can never do. You will have to come to a store.

Thomas Kenyon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts