Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tree Hugger
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for some tires that will last me a while. Whats some good tires for all year. Not afraid to spend $200 per tire. For rear only. It will be going on an MK3 that's lowered. Thanks! Looking to be putting down 500 this summer and need something streetable. Perhaps a hard compound that will not wear very quickly .

·
2JZ swapped!
879 Posts
Kumho Supra 712 or Kumho SPT. Just call Tirerack and tell them what wheels you have and how wide they are and they will be able to help you.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I've heard great things about falken rt-615s or whatever..

·
Very Senior Member
10,062 Posts
The Kumho MX is a pretty good tire and the Goodyear F1 GS D3 is great.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
The Kumho MX is a pretty good tire and the Goodyear F1 GS D3 is great.
Ditto.

GS-D3's in the stock rear sizes (with a good bit of spirited driving) can last a tad over 15k miles, while the fronts will last 5-8k more. Its about $200 per tire in the OE rear sizes, (somtimes it drops to $180). Wet traction is excellent, sidewalls are pretty good.

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
Goodyear F1 GSD3 tire I had with ok sidewalls but great water traction.
Thread looks mean on them too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have some Kumho ECSTA ASX on the rear of my N/A MKIV (16"), and I am looking to take them back because I am having severe tramlining on rough areas of road on the freeway.

Regards, Mike

·
Registered
83 Posts
Kumho Supra 712 or Kumho SPT. Just call Tirerack and tell them what wheels you have and how wide they are and they will be able to help you.
Kumho tires are cheap but they dont last long. You basically get what you pay for. The SPT is the worst tire of them all. If you want something streetable that will last you and has a good hard compound I would definetly recommend the BF Goodrich G-force sport. It has a nice hard compound for dry cornering. It has a directional pattern. Great for wet weather traction. The hooks like design on the tread allows the tire to run cooler so the tires lasts longer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts