Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you know a better answer before you give your recommendation? I already search and all the tuner/shop shown were all in Portland and that's why I posted and asked. By just telling people to search in a reply which is extremely helpful. Thanks

· GT-R DUN, Son.
2,661 Posts
Recommend hitting the search button....
+1

There are plenty of threads on this, just need to read em. Maybe silence is that no one on here will vouch for a shop up in Seattle. I.e. if theres nothing nice to say, dont say anything. *shrug*

So in answer to your initial question. "Good tuner in seattle" None that have made themselves known in the supra community.

· 900 BHP Club :)
5,804 Posts
doesn't take a whole lot to tune the SAFC. Just get on a dyno and have them put the wideband O2 in and adjust based on your A/F. I have an FJO wideband installed and used to tune mine on the street before I went AEM.

· DON'T BLAME ME!!!
976 Posts
Tacoma

If you are willing to run your car with a cat, Doug @ UP Garage (Fairlady Z motors) knows what he is doing. He's pretty picky about having a converter on the car though.
He's located in University District, Tacoma. Phone # (253) 565-9823

· An out of line 2J
1,359 Posts
Well...I came up with the same answer when I was looking, hence why I drive my car all the way to Portland to get it tuned. If there aren't any threads on a pretty well known shop/name in our area, then that probably says something.

Do you know a better answer before you give your recommendation? I already search and all the tuner/shop shown were all in Portland and that's why I posted and asked. By just telling people to search in a reply which is extremely helpful. Thanks

· Registered
40 Posts
Drift-Office charges $150/hr for a SAFC tune. I'm sure they'll get it done within an hour. You can check em out this weekend for the dyno day...

· Registered
665 Posts
Chuck at Z-sport is very good at what he does. But, make sure the car is in TOP NOTCH condition. It WILL be flogged to tune. Also, don't expect decnt dyno #'s -- they tend to run 20% lower than all the dyno-jets I've been on ... I've had 2 cars dyno'd there, on the same day .... 1 stock 5m, and the 7mgte donor car, for the 85 stocker ... both were waaayyyy low on power accoring the readings there, yet, both pulled on the street, the same as similar cars I've owned.

For the record, I spent a few months working there also, and sold parts to them during a previous job. Good people, but, expensive by anyone's standards .... I'd tune myself, on the street if only an AFC.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, Chuck just worked on my RB20DET last week, good workmaship. Zsport's management/service is top notch, shop is clean and very professional. On the other hand it's very expansive. I think there is another guy there tuning cars and not chuck. I don't think they deal w/ mkiv much and that's why i wanna get more options before i spend the money.

I don't think the car is street-tuneable w the t88, or I don't wanna take that chance.

· Registered
48 Posts
I dont know about supra's but My buddy RICH of IMG PERFORMANCE is going to tune mine. He has been tuning cars about eight years now, he can get 380whp outta a stock LS block wit turbo. THats pretty bad ass and he has only had three cars in those eight years leave him running not so good. And thats only cause the owner wouldnt follow his advice. If your still interested let me know. He uses Andres dyno (dyno jet) at PINA motorsports know for DSM tuning. ITs the best dyno that gives you the best dyno results. Different dynos give different results but so far ive notice dynojet is best. LEt me know if you want his number.

· GT-R DUN, Son.
2,661 Posts
redredmelo whats your setup? You have a T-88 with the MAF still attached hence you need a S-AFC tune correct? You got a boost controller? Any idea of boost your going to run?

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes, I have the t-88 with stock maf and runing on 14 psi wastegate springs(not 15psi), safcii FMIC and stright exhaust from turbine back. I'll up grade fuel soon after get everything running in good order. Thanks

· GT-R DUN, Son.
2,661 Posts
Well yes you know the obvious is fuel system upgrade, but that MAF isn't going to be able to feed that 88 even if you had a fuel system. Might want to consider dropping down to a smaller turbo and tune that until you get the upgrades. I had a T-88 on my MKIV and boost doesn't hit until 4800 RPM.

· Registered
665 Posts
yeah, Chuck just worked on my RB20DET last week, good workmaship. Zsport's management/service is top notch, shop is clean and very professional. On the other hand it's very expansive. I think there is another guy there tuning cars and not chuck. I don't think they deal w/ mkiv much and that's why i wanna get more options before i spend the money.

I don't think the car is street-tuneable w the t88, or I don't wanna take that chance.

i'm going to have to stop in and visit. The ONLY guy that I would trust, that I know, that tunes there, is Chuck. Unless, Mike "Old Guy" is still there. Old dude is a hard core Ford guy, but, even better than Chuck, if you can past the grumpy old man he is :D

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
PUyaLLUp1j , great idea! I went to drift office and everything went well. Everying went right. I took my 3000GT VR4 there to test the water and I wanted 320 TQ to the wheels with stock fuel and just a SAFC(which Bill did not like to use, I think mentally he has passed the SAFC stage :)). The first dyno right pulled 222(8 psi), the last run it pulled 377(16 psi). I left there as a happy man, and I also left them my 97 MKIV doing a VI-PEC standalone with the T88 in the car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.