Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Search
3,305 Posts
holy damned big picture!

I dont' know why it wouldn't! although why would you choose that location when there is a location so much closer to the firewall? just curious

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i unno.. i just saw that one and went, that looks like it should work.. lol no real reason... and yea i know the pic is huge... stupid photobucket didnt resize it... for right now(seeing how its raining and i just wanna make sure everything works... would there be any problem running it to the engine bay via door rail, under the seal?

·
Search
3,305 Posts
not sure what you mean...

go to your local car audio shop and have them use a step-bit (unless you have one) and put a hole here:

See the hole?

·
Be original, not a copy
861 Posts
No, that is a metered vacuum source for the charcoal canister (the one you've circled in the picture). On the back of the intake manifold (between the manifold and the firewall) there is a line that runs over to the cruise control and the heater valve. "T" into that line.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright cool thx :) im going to go try and hook everything up. quick q, how come no body taps into the stock gauge line? ive never taken the cluster out on a Turbo so i dunno wat kind of line it is... but still :)

·
Be original, not a copy
861 Posts
No line comes into the cabin, all electric. If you follow the vacuum line over to the cruise control you will see that it also runs over to the factory boost sensor. All non-ported vacuum signals either come from the small nipple on the back of the intake manifold or from the large nipple on the front of the manifold.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright well i got it all hooked up, works awesome :) good to know im running 10 psi :) 22 for vacuum:) the stock one really does suck.. the aftermarket one shows the turbo spooling allllot better... now i just have to do the shitty task of wiring the stuff for the lights. wats the correct wire for the dimmer? theres 2 white ones and a green one.. thx again :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
yes i found out the hard way that when someone says "any line off the manifold is good" do not assume that the throttle body is part of the manifold haha. I tried the hose you showed us first in your humongo pic and my boost gauge would go nuts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts