Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Well, we got a warning to prepare to evacuate, but ended up evacuating to a friend's place a bit early...fire is about 5 miles away from me...maybe less as I'm about 1.5 miles from I-15 in San Diego off of Clairemont Mesa Blvd...

Anyways...tried to get to MCAS Miramar where my car is going through an engine swap since january...we had a bunch of problems with it...blown turbo, jacked head, damaged cylinder surface, bad wiring harness, etc etc etc...well, yesterday, i thought we were real close to finishing it...we needed about 2 more washers or so and do the alternator wiring and drop it in so i was looking forward to this morning.

anyways, i wake up to this black smokey place and head to the marine corps base to either work on the swap if the fire wasn't anywhere close, or to get the car and engine out of there somehow if it was there...i tried to go, but the surrounding streets were closed...

anyways, i couldn't pull my 1jz swap out of there, and as of 10:30 AM this morning, the flames were licking the airstrip about a mile away from the car...car has no insurance on it...so...if the 1jz swap is ruined...i'm done with supras...i've been having too many problems with this fucker....

melloboy

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:anger: Gonna loose an other supra guy cause of mothernature :(, don't loose hope man were all prayin:)

Jeff

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, that was quick...
my friend in the marine corps called me and told me he got called back out to work tommorrow where my swap is so he thinks everything will be ok...he's checking out my swap tommorrow to let me know what's up with that....

i'm hoping for the best but prepping for the worst...

melloboy

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good luck man. How long have you been in the Corps?

·
b00st junkie
433 Posts
sweet Jesus, my fingers are crossed for you! You ought to sneak over there and get it finished now, just to ensure its safety. Arm yourself with multiple fire extinguishers and loads of water and stand your ground :D . Keep us updated plz.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
BrokenSupra said:
those of you praying for rain... DONT... we WILL have massive mudslides then... simi valley is gettin pretty gamey over here and if we have rain our houses are toast
because prayers will actually make it rain...

what is this, the 10th century?

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
I don't think anybody is preying for 3 feet of rain, a nice drizzle won't cause any mud slides but sure would help those firemen.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AZmkiii said:
I don't think anybody is preying for 3 feet of rain, a nice drizzle won't cause any mud slides but sure would help those firemen.
Well said, here's an other proof of America's finest. Fire-Fighters you rock and don't give up.
Save are fellow melloboy's car but most importent, the people and there famalies.
Take care and don't give up.

·
the clever guy
782 Posts
Won't the DoD cover it if is lost? I would park my car in long term parking on deployments and was told that if a tornado or hail damaged or detroyed it (Tinker AFB), it would be covered. In any case, I wish you and everyone else down there luck. Damn, and I just left San Bernardino cnty not long ago.

·
Moderator, megalos ntabatzis!!
4,409 Posts
better stop my rain dance !!!

Im sorry, but good luck man, i hope all of you cali guys are ok, and if you need some 1jz parts afterwards, message me, ill see what i can do for you...

be safe!

Ang

·
Banned
664 Posts
Boostedstr8six said:
Won't the DoD cover it if is lost? I would park my car in long term parking on deployments and was told that if a tornado or hail damaged or detroyed it (Tinker AFB), it would be covered. In any case, I wish you and everyone else down there luck. Damn, and I just left San Bernardino cnty not long ago.
Tinker eh? My brother in law used to be stationed at Tinker. It is a long ass drive from Columbia, SC to Oklahoma. We made it 4 times if i remember correctly.

sorry to hijack the thread.

-ben

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, the news looks promising, but i'm not in the marine corps (my friend is the one who helped me get the place) i dont' know what is going on with the supra...looking at the fireline map, it seems as though the line was very close to the swap itself...maybe 1/4 mile or less. the base reported no structures damaged, so i'm hoping for the best, but civillians weren't allowed onto the base as of last night...

as for the fire line near my apartment, it was about 1/2 mile away so that was pretty tense during the time...management came around and said to prepare for an evac...but i guess it never got close enough to merit an evac, but we just went ahead and left before it was too late.

i know some family lost their house and 6 classic cars including a pristine model T-Ford so my loss is negligible compared to those people. it's pretty horrific seeing entire neighborhoods leveled by the fire, though...

melloboy

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WOW that sux hope everything works out for you but good luck to you

1 - 20 of 26 Posts