Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Last stock TT on Earth
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Goodridge SS Brake Lines (yes I searched)

After researching this topic (yes I searched!)

Has anyone noticed that the fitting going to the brake line (not caliper) is more shallow and also the conical portion that seats the flared SS line down in the the Goodridge fitting is larger than the stocker fitting?

I have about 1.5threads that were not exposed before and now I can see them with the SS lines installed? Is this going to leak?

Also, how many turns past finger tight or "snug" are you guys taking these fittings? ~0.25-0.5?

·
Last stock TT on Earth
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: Rear lines went on nicely after filing a bit. The front screwed in to a point and just stopped where as the rear went on and gradually became more and more tight. Hopefully they don't leak.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
97TT6SP said:
UPDATE: Rear lines went on nicely after filing a bit. The front screwed in to a point and just stopped where as the rear went on and gradually became more and more tight. Hopefully they don't leak.
This is common. It seems everyone has this issue!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Andy, I've been running the Goodridge SS lines for awhile now and I had to grind down 3 of the 4 flare nuts for it to fit. I also have more than 1.5 threads showing after the install. I just had the car up on the hoist today and there are absolutely no leaks either. I've read this is also common for this mod. Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts