Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 661 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I thought Id whore out this thread with build pics of my JZA80.

Itsa late 1996 (Dec) JZA80 RZ Supra. Imported from Japan in Feb 2007. Got married April 27th, and while on my honeymoon begged the new wife to get it. (I looked at it before I got married). March 10th, it was road registered to me, with a big smile on my face! This is my 3rd Supra. I absolutley love them. I first saw one in a magazine when I was in Year 10 (1996) and instantly fell in love. They were never Australian delivered.
My first Supra, a 1995 SZR (Factory fited with big brakes). I put 18" wheels, Tein springs and HKS Exhaust on it. Then i had a few cars in between, then went to a red jza80 1997 RZ. Sold that (to save for engagment ring) and had a couple of mr2's, then finally got my machine!

It cam from Japan with BBS LM wheels, and Tein Superstreet COilovers

Then I added some mods, Weds wheels, Trust Exhaust, Trust Intercooler, MVP Lip, TRD wing.

As im into circuit work, i wanted to upgrade the coilovers to something a bit stiffer. Opted for the Cusco ZERO2e 18kg and 11kg. I couldnt be happier!

Including the Econ (In cabin damper control) and also an Apexi Power FC

Added an HKS EVC6 too

I hated the Camry like steering wheel, and the stock japanese dash (180km limited), so upgraded to TRD units!

I bought some semi slicks for the race track to put on the Some advan RGII wheels

I had an opportunity to go single. Using a 6Boost manifold, GT35r (1.06 rear), 800cc Sard injectors, Walbro Pump, and just recently added ORC709 Twin Plate

Then, I got bored of the rims and (regretebly) sold them, for SSR wheels, but they did not clear the brakes!

So I sold them off and got some Rays RE30

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Added some Recaro SPG buckets, new calipers, hawk HP10 Pads, Do luck lines.

At this stage, I have now changed wheels again, to 19" TE37:

Matching 17" TE37 for the track

Added a saftey21 cage

I went through many cat backs, Trust PEII, HKS Hyper, Amuse Ti, and now the best (IMO) HKS Carbon Ti

I have a few videos, on track, exhaust sounds etc.

Here is one on the track against some evo, GTR and wrx
Supra and GTR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAh7-aXb3JA

WRX, EVO Battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shC-e_2mnOg

Hope you enjoyed my little blog hehe, I will continue to update it.

·
Oh Snaps
549 Posts
Great looking car! It's nice to see more road course oriented Supra's coming out. Do you have any more photos of the turbo setup? The 6boost manifolds are somewhat rare and it would be nice to see what they look like installed. Also is your 35R twinscroll or single?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Agreed^

tastefully modded, looks great.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Followed ur progression and love the outcome! Way to go dude! :bigok:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that kind words guys. Im surprised no one has flamed me for my offsets yet *waits for fyrarms* hehe.

Im still only running 8psi, Im yet to utne her for big boost, hoping to see around 320kw at the wheels with 18psi. At the moment it makes 288kw with 8psi.

I need to invest in some front rotors, 2 piece. I upgrade all round to racing gear slotted rotors (Japanese brand), and on their first and second track days, cracked! One front and one rear!!

·
97-6speed-TT
698 Posts
WOW man. Sick build-up. Car looks awesome! Keep it up.

Dee E.

·
Hardtop Crew
6,359 Posts
I consider your self as much as a wheel whore as me lol. I get tired of the same wheels .I like the te37s the best so far very clean car sir

·
serbian by blood!!!
1,675 Posts
I went through many cat backs, Trust PEII, HKS Hyper, Amuse Ti, and now the best (IMO) HKS Carbon Ti
Hks Carbon Ti:rockon:

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Im surprised no one has flamed me for my offsets yet *waits for fyrarms*
I flamed you before you got banned and re-registered under a new account against the rules. Oops. :eek:

Car looks great. Love the pics! :)

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
Great build and nice car! Thanks for the track videos, as well.

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,587 Posts
love your new dahs, so sick!

1 - 20 of 661 Posts