Supra Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'd recommend to change the court date to some date you think he's most likely not show up. Friday afternoon or the day before a holiday or whatever you do, don't take their assigned court date for you. Good luck buddy

·
Registered
934 Posts
dre99gsx said:
Soo... your mom's 4-runner got a new exhaust a Mieneke (or Midas). Its not stock. It is aftermarket. Are they illegal now? I sure hope thats not the law, but instead its based on loudness, not looks.
Cop pulls you over and says "that exhaust doesn't look stock". If you say "I just got it replaced by Midas", he is now going to give you a ticket for that?

Or will his premise be tha its too loud, then give you a ticket? Its still bullshit anyway. Goodluck fighting that. If he came from way back, chances are he caught you way earlier doing that speed, not at the moment you were passing.
im only speaking for NJ but here, it is illegal to modify your exhaust UNLESS it is proven that your cat failed or exhaust is damaged. i believe after a certain model year, it is also legal to change it for watever reasons(forgot what year).

·
Registered
130 Posts
SlpyEyedSpoolin said:
i got a 90 in a 55....clean liscence...what do u think ill get for it? btw im pleading not guilty because my speedometer is off by 20-30....and there was noone on the hwy to keep up with traffic.....
they wont let you off if you say the speedo is off they claim its your own fault and should compensate for it. i know i got busted here for a 70 in a 35(wasnt in the supe). i know in maine if you have a clean record and you speeding 35 over or less they'll drop the ticket. call the local DA and find out.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts