Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Supra Shane
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got rid of the Jeep and wanted to get something more reliable but quick. So I work at TTP Engineering which we specialize in Evo's www.ttp-engineering.com and we have Suite A and Suite B..........TTP is Suite B and Suite A is Tonys Auto Repair which buy and fix cars. They picked up a 2006 Tarmac Black Evolution 9 with a bad transfer case. Little did they know it still had a factory warranty so they got the car cheap and had it fixed for free. So I go wheel and deal and get the car with 57k miles and has a 60k warranty (better then nothing). Downfall is the owner of the shop hit a damn dog and the front bumper needs some repair so I told him Id buy it as is and Id fix it. So heres the low down:

2006 Tarmac Black Evolution 9
57k miles

Heres the ass end of my stable.........

more pics later.

·
Tarheels FTW
549 Posts
'06 Evo IX's sell for mid 20's so yeah $15k is a pretty good deal, even if it needs a little work...
Ahh, I haven't kept up that much on the evo forums. Good deal then. When I was looking there a while ago, some of the owners were selling some really modded ones for low 20's.

·
powered down
1,497 Posts
wow that sounds likea pretty good deal i think. I know EVO's up here in PA go for real cheap usually can get one with 25k on it MR for around 14-15 thousand but there also more common i guess here up north i see EVO and STI all the time floating around. Still a good buy and love the tarmac black color also.

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
Badass, everytime I see an Evo, I want to go out and buy one.

Off topic, but what are the settings on your camera when you take pics at night? I just got a Nikon D60 and Im workin on my night shots. They dont come out nearly as good as that one is.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Dude, Id be shakin my dick to everyone if I picked up an EVO for $15K.
Seriously though IMO you fell into shit on the warranty thing. not like a transfer case is all that crazy a job, but still saved on labor and parts which IMO was a great move.

How bad is the bumper?

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Very good deal! As everyone else said, mid to $23-26k for a IX is the going rate.

I've had my 9 for about 2 yrs and love it. No issues, stock clutch still, and gets good mileage out of it. Good in the winter and fun on the road course.

My one tidbit of advice... take it to a PDX event. You'll never look back ;)

·
Hardtop Crew
6,357 Posts
damn what a damn steal imo. u got my dream daily driver

·
Registered
26 Posts
You're going to have an awesome time in that. That's my ideal combination of cars. Evo to the curves Supra for the straight lines.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts