Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm not quite sure where this thing is going... I know that sounds kinda odd, but there's no way I'm stepping into the realm of spsc300 (Chris Threadgill's monster sc300). However, I'm just a big turbo/dp/exhaust and one more fuel pump away of supporting numbers in the 1000s. At that point, however, the car is beyond "sleeper-dom". (Currently, it's too much fun smoking people with a stock looking lexus. :))

BTW, I'm lucky to have SF member "carchitect" as a good friend and an expert engine builder. I paid him to build me a motor to my specs, and he came through. Ring gaps and bearing clearances are set perfectly for my intended application, and the cylinders are bored individually for each piston and properly honed and chamfered. He leaves nothing in question and even painted the block. Thanks Joe!

I don't really want to divulge what I paid. However, I found the best possible price on the web for the the internals. If you need Joe to build you a block, contact him, directly. However, he's finishing up all his projects to work on his own Supra. So, I'm not sure he's going to take on any other work.

-scott

· Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SecretSC said:
Very Nice Scott :bowdown:

gadgetSC-t
Gadget... that's too funny. I should be the one doing the :bowdown: to you! BTW, when's your monster going to be completed? I also have some suggestions on running boost comp to better tune the vacuum section of the fuel map without using throttle mod correction. It's a huge improvement courtesy of Kevin Hoare. Shoot me a pm, if you're interested.

Kurt... I have come to accept that you can never leave a boosted car "well-enough alone". ;)

Chidoks, no. I'm currently running a T71 all turbo. My plan is to get the most out of that turbo and the NA stock bottom end. Then, I'll drop in the built motor, add nitrous, and possibly step up the turbo. :)

-scott

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.