Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, when I step on the gas hard the car goes fine until it hits about 3500 -4000rmps and then starts jerking really bad. I thought it was the boost just hitting max but it cant be. Maybe its too much fuel, or the plugs, I don't know.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks, Sky

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Does the car continue to accelerate past those rpms? Be more specific on the jerking... Is it really fast jerking? Is it every few seconds? Does it feel like your hitting a speed cut jerking? It could be anything from the plugs to your clutch slipping? How many miles on the clutch?

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, the car still accelerates through this jerking. It kinda feels like its a fuel cut off but i dont know. Its stock except for catback, i have no fcd or bcc and there's no noise, it just cuts out. and yes its in every gear. it cuts out from about 3500-5500 and then it seems ok again, but by then ive got to change gears. i heard something about the coilpacks, they spark out the sides or something. ill try the plugs and see if that helps

· adammackintosh.net
6,719 Posts
also if i push the pedal about half way its pulls pretty hard without any jerking
boost leak imo

an open vacuum line or intercooler pipe not sealed can produce these exact symptoms

start with the easy stuff

[edit] try revving your car in neutral, see if it breaks up when its not boosting

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now another problem! The car was sitting for about 2 days and when i started it a huge cloud of black smoke came out the exhaust. when i started it today again the cloud wasn't as big but there was still a fair bit. is there an oil leak somewhere or is it a seal or something?

· Supra gone- Cobra here!
962 Posts
Black smoke out of the exhaust sounds like a boost leak to me- check your IC pipes.

Check the plugs that attach into your coil packs

Lastly check your plugs and inspect the electrods

In that order

Cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.