Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as of late i've been posting in the normal MKIV section for these types of questions, but since the tt and na do have some slight differences, i figure i should direct my questions here from here on out. As soon of you know, i've recently been installing my electric water pump. A while back i made a post on how to install it (the fuckerf IS NOT a direct bolt on) i've got past many of my problems. I got it on and thermostat in, and wired it to my alternator. It pumped and worked but then it was time for the fans. I wired it to the alternator also. It couldnt handle both running on it and blew a fuse. I need suggestions as to installation of the electric parts. I don't want to run lines all the way to the back, I want it ran t somewhere under the hood or easy access. Does any one have any ideas? Maybe leave 1 on the alternator and wire another elsewhere? Or what, car is taunting me sitting in the garage ready to go. I should have dyno numbers by the end of june if all goes well.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
you on the stock or upgraded alternator?
maybe get a upgraded alt if you don't have one already.

any eletric water pump isn't the best choice for a daily driver

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kmn5 said:
you on the stock or upgraded alternator?
maybe get a upgraded alt if you don't have one already.

any eletric water pump isn't the best choice for a daily driver
actually this one was made for street use and has been tested for normal street cars. im on the stock alternator. i cant afford an aftermarket. not worth the money with my mods.

·
!black
4,622 Posts
What is the voltage requirements for the pump? And if I read that right... you are pulling power directly off the alternator return line? :wtf:

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MadMaxx said:
What is the voltage requirements for the pump? And if I read that right... you are pulling power directly off the alternator return line? :wtf:
got the idea from mvp's website :ugh2:

·
TT This
917 Posts
I've recently installed my electric fans. What I did was use a 30 amp bosch 5 pin relay. Wired the fans right off the battery. I sourced the trigger from my old ISC connector which I don't use... It has 12v present when the key is in the on position. The cool thing is when I turn the car off, that 12v doesn't turn off for about 4 seconds after I shut my car off. Is your battery in the trunk? If it is you can still tap into the main power wire you ran back to it at the fuse box and run both the fans and the pump off it. You should be using relays... :)

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got everything wired and running, my fans run for 4 seconds after too = ) well more like 2, souns pretty cool. anyways thanks for the help guys. i have an unorthodox lightweight waterpump pulley for sale now, its blue, putting it on ebay in a few minutes, if anyone sinterested ill send them the link, its a great pulley and makes the engine bay look a lot better

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
like some said.. use relays

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ravan17 said:
if u dont mind me askin, y the electric pump? are u doing some performance mods? turbo? last ive seen u were putting on a wide body, how did that go?
the stock pump actually failed on me months back. I ordered this pump not thinking about elecric fans because in the description it said direct bolt on so i figured "ok, mvp says direct bolt on, then its direct bolt on" well i got it and found out not only do you need to get electric fans but installing it is a pain in the ass because of the treads and wiring. I didn't want to return it so it stayed in my garage, and recently i purchased electric fans and installed both. I am also working on a widebody project but its going slow. The only body shop i trust is backed up on cars and short of people so it wont be dont until probably mid july. And yes, i am planning on turboing it after the widebody, i have many many plans for this car before its done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts