Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in the process of getting ready to buy a 89 turbo supra hardtop. i have no clue about toyotas other than i love the way the mk3 looks. my uncle has a na one but wont sell it to me. anyways i was wondering whats the stock boost level for a stock supra. are there any major problems i should be aware of and how hard are they to maintain and work on.

·
Or Am I?
169 Posts
Head gaskets blow easy. Suggestion would be to get a metal head gasket after your first problem with it, or if you plan on getting performance mods. Stock boost level is around 6 psi

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what can the turbo/motor hold. im used to my gst that i had about 18 psi on stock h.g stock block stock enternals pushin 290 to the wheels.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
if tuned right you can push more than 290 to the wheels on a stock motor. just replace head gasket and keep it in good maintainance

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
Take my Advice, DO NOT BUY AN N/A, Unless you just want the chassis to throw a 1j or 2j into it. Head gaskets are the big one, Like said before, Metal HG. Know that the injectors are VERY LOUD, and that there is nothing wrong with your car if you hear a nice and loud ticking. I've seen 400 on the Stock Motor BTW...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so i found a local turbo but the timing belt broke when it was running. is the motor ruined bc the valves are bent or do you thinkits ok.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
the 7m is a non interference motor so the valves are ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts