Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Scotch Scotch Scotch
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is traffic school not an option since it was 17 mph over? I know i wasn't hitting even 80 (unless my speedo is off), so what are my options?

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
traffic school is always an option on your frist ticket i think..

btw, how did you get puleld over from passing up a cop or by a radar?

i know in cali, cops need to go through training to use the radar. a day before your court date you can always ask for the cops paperwork that shows he had went through training to use a radar gun. this way if they cant find it or he dont have any you got a chance to not having to pay anything!

·
The anti-muppet
345 Posts
Last I heard was that if you go 25+ over they will not let you go to school for it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
driftedmk3 said:
traffic school is always an option on your frist ticket i think..
Nope.

zank said:
Last I heard was that if you go 25+ over they will not let you go to school for it.
I went to traffic school a fews years ago and a guy in the class got pulled over for 85 in a 35...might of changed since then.

·
Scotch Scotch Scotch
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. He clocked me at 82 and i was passing other cars so thats 2 ways he based my speed.

Anyone know 100% what the law is? I cant seem to find it on Google anywhere. This is my frist ticket unless a parking ticket at a public high school counts.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I just got done with traffic school. They were telling us in the class that you can plead guilty and request for traffic school, even if its your second time. The instructor was saying that he has a guy that comes in about every 6 months. You can also ask to reduce the charge.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
You can go to traffic school. If you're worried about the cost of the ticket, you can always talk to the judge to get it reduced.

462 Posts
blahhalb said:
Is traffic school not an option since it was 17 mph over? I know i wasn't hitting even 80 (unless my speedo is off), so what are my options?
I just got a ticket for speeding 3 weeks ago. I was pulled over by a chp for doing 19 mph over (60 in a 45). the ticket came and it is $255. I asked the cop if I was eligible for traffic school and he told me as long as i'm not 25+ over im eligible. though he gave me a ticket he was pretty chill to me and never once did try and so his superiority to me. the last time i got pulled the cop couldn't stop screaming and cursing at me for doing 75 in a 65. he was like "are you a fuckin moron" "don't think about crying or begging with me because your geting this fuckin ticket" damn did he piss me of.

·
Registered
218 Posts
when i first got my license i got pulled over on the 91fwy going 115 on a 65mph zone.... i wasnt able to take traffice school and ended up paying $380 for the ticket. i have to wait till September to get it cleared off my record.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hot Dayam SupRa said:
when i first got my license i got pulled over on the 91fwy going 115 on a 65mph zone.... i wasnt able to take traffice school and ended up paying $380 for the ticket. i have to wait till September to get it cleared off my record.

115mph :ugh2:

And only $380?

Not bad...... I just payed $275 for parking in a handicaped space for 2 and a half minutes at the bank on a SUNDAY with no cars in the parking lot and the bank closed!

·
Registered
261 Posts
the amazing spider-man said:
he was like "are you a fuckin moron" "don't think about crying or begging with me because your geting this fuckin ticket" damn did he piss me of.

Typical So Cal cop!

They are bored here. :gaysex:

·
Banned
738 Posts
i got a ticket for 18 over. it was my 1st and i got traffic skewl. then i got a reckless and "rapid acceleration" ticket and also got skewl for that. it depends on the judge here..lol good luck

·
Banned
31 Posts
Traffic school is granted by the"judge"ONLY... You don't have a right to it.
If he wants to not let you attend he can do so.
So be nice when you go in or you can call in and pay over the phone with a clerck where they're allowed to grant it in that circumstance.
Just like driving, traffic school is a privilege not a right

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
Sounds like me: 84 in 65 over the grapevine :(

·
painted cf hood advocate
409 Posts
I got caught doing 100+ on a 65 and was able to go to traffic school, it's all up to the judge.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts