Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Redneck
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
aright i just bough a new turbo supra and it has a few problems HAHAH. well the frist one I think I know wut its is I just hafot fix it. It stalls after heavy accleration kind of like when u use a aftermarket BOV and vent it with out a SAFC or somthin . I think that just a vaccume leak but i could be wrong. but the second problem i have no idea Its a whinning noise coming from the front of the engine i think maby the cams. well the third one when i shut it off it has like a mechanical fluttering that i don't know wut it is maby its from the vac leak i donno.

Thanks

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
are you using an aftermarket BOV? is the fluttering even or totally random? that messes a few things up when not installed correctly, sometimes the pressure will bounce off the turbo blades if the spring in the bov is not set correctly. My car does that sometimes in the cold morning after light boost (still in the negative) then goes away barely before the car is even warmed up.

·
Redneck
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
nope i don't have't N aftermarket Bov I was just using it as n Exsample .the futtering happends right after i shit off the car and its like theres a part that clicks back N forth it come somewhere from the uppper plentem.

·
Level 2 Rhythm Rogue
258 Posts
clonephoon said:
.the futtering happends right after i shit off the car
:lol:

Your posts are some of the hardest things to understand that I've ever come across.

Have you thought about slowing down, taking your time, and actually re-reading what you've written for clarity and accuracy?

Problem one: Check for vacuum leaks and check that your recirculating valve is not leaking.

Problem two: Yes, probably your cams or cam seals; possibly your timing tensioner.

Problem three: The car is supposed to do this. Information:

·
Level 2 Rhythm Rogue
258 Posts
Translation:

Originally posted by Literate Forums Member
ALRIGHT I just BOUGHT a new turbo Supra and it has a few problems. :lol:

Well, I think I know WHAT THE FIRST ONE is, AND I just HAVE TO fix it. THE ENGINE stalls after heavy ACCELLERATION, kind of like when YOU use AN aftermarket BOV and vent it TO ATMOSPHERE without AN SAFC or SOMETHING. I think that IT'S just a VACUUM leak but I could be wrong.

I have no idea WHAT THE SECOND PROBLEM IS. It's a WHINING noise coming from the front of the engine. I think IT MAY BE the cams.

The third one IS A MECHANICAL FLUTTERING SOUND RIGHT AFTER I SHUT OFF THE ENGINE. I don't know WHAT it is. MAYBE it's from the VACUUM leak; I DON'T KNOW.

Thanks

·
0 to gas station in 5 sec
1,012 Posts
The whining is the timing belt tensioner, I thought i had fixed this problem but apparently not. What happens is the timing belt doesn't have enough tension on it and it slides back on the cam gears and hits the metal housing behind them, making the whining noise.

·
Redneck
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks John now I got that fixed, I just took one off one of my other cars. As for stalling I found that the EGR Plate on the back of the head had bolts loose and is leaking exhaust bad. Its a real pain getting those bolts tight, Ill try agine this weekend to get them tight. I hope thats the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts