Supra Forums banner

Got back into the Honda scene

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Justin94tt 
#1 · (Edited)
I started out in Honda’s at first so I have a soft spot

Taking delivery of this 2001 Spa Yellow S2000 with 38k miles next week. It will pair nicely with the Supra.

Plans will be mild similar to my Supra and include

-BYS 20mm drop Seat rail

-HKS Hipermax S coilovers ($1408.95 free shipping vivid racing)

-(2)-Spoon Sports SW388 Wheel - 17x8.5 / +55 / 5x114.3 Part Number: SPOON-42703-1785-55 ($980 each)

-(2)-Spoon Sports SW388 Wheel - 17x9.5 / +60 / 5x114.3 Part Number: SPOON-42703-1795-60 ($1015 each)

-(4) Spoon Sports Center Cap 01/BK for SW388 Wheel Part Number: SPOON-42703-CP01-BK ($25 each)

-(4) Spoon Sports Sticker 01 / Yellow for SW388 Wheel Part Number: SPOON-42703-ST01-YW ($15 each)

-(2) 225/45/17
-(2) 245/40/17

-Project Kics R40 lug nuts

-Spoon Monoblock brake calipers

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

Vehicle Automotive tire Plant Car Automotive design

Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Automotive design

Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive design Gauge Steering part

Car Vehicle Hood Light Motor vehicle

See less See more
#4 ·
It's going to look great with those wheels and brakes on it. Any plans for future mods? My brother had a yellow CR he put a widebody kit on and a Full Race turbo kit and tracked it. Sold it to some guy out in California a few years ago, I think like 2014ish.

#7 ·
On Tuesday I got a call from the transport company driver saying that he would not be able to make to my house until Wednesday for some reason I was unable to understand because language differences. So I ended up having to drive 30 minutes down the road to the drop point prior to mine.

He pulls in and I see the car for the first time and it looks good from a distance.
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Car

The undercarriage looked almost new!
Daytime Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

But unfortunately once we get it down off the truck I see that it was covered in road grime, almost like sand so this made it difficult to look the car over for defects. The driver said that he had been through some storms on the way from Illinois.
Needless to say I did my best looking it over and didn’t see any huge flaws and signed the delivery form.
I get it home and my detail guy said to bring it in first thing and let’s get it cleaned up. So I was there at 0745.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Once it was clean we could see this was almost new. Very few rock chips and only 1-2 faint dents. The top looks brand new and the plastic AP1 window hasn’t got the terrible cloudiness.
I am extremely happy with this purchase, I took a chance on this car and bought it sight unseen and took what the salesman told me and sent me in video footage and photos of the car as what it was, and it worked out.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

#9 · (Edited)
Update:

After posting interest in wanting to buy an OEM Honda hardtop in spa yellow or Berlina black, I got a response for an original spa yellow with all oem hardware. After seeing photos and videos of the hardtop and agreeing on a price my wife and I set out on a road trip to Rhode Island from Virginia.

After about 7 hours on the road we made it to our destination and picked up the hardtop and installed it in the priors owners driveway. We stayed the night in Newport and went out for dinner and drinks which was a good time.

The next day we made our trip back home but not with out detouring into Manhattan and stopping in for a corned beef sandwich at the historical Katz deli.

Coilovers have been delivered, Spoon wheels and Project kic lugs have been ordered.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Window Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Building Cloud Sky Daytime Skyscraper

Food Sliced bread Tableware Ingredient Sandwich

Back at the house all cleaned up.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

#10 · (Edited)
Got a few S2000 parts for Christmas! Spoon Sports Strut bar, Spoon Sports Air Filter, Spoon Sports Oil cap, SOS hood Struts and a Modifry Products Cup holder for a passenger. I must say the precision and quality of products is top notch.

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Plant Hood Automotive lighting

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

generic photos from website of the cup holder
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Personal luxury car

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.