Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, im trying to learn everyting I can about cars, Supras specifically. I have a few questions I would like someone to answer.

1) Bpu...what is it?

2) Fire out of the exhaust. Is it just an afterburn kit or is there a little more to it.

3) A fuel bar, or a fuel management system. What is the point of having one, what does it add to the car.

4) Air intakes. What is the difference between a standard air intake and a cool air intake. (obviously one has cool air) but how does it get the cooler air.

5) What is the different stock hp for the N/A, Single Turbo, and Twin Turbo Supras.

6) When looking to get exhaust for a car, what should you look for?

7) What are some examples of some things that you could do to your car that would make it NOT street legal.

Ok those are my questions for now. Any feedback would be great.

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
1 bpu- basic performance upgrade- pretty much everything but an upgraded turbo system.

2. Fire out the exhaust is gay. Are you trying to be a fast and furious guy. There is a kit but save the money for something else.

3. It adds horsepower ecspecially with upgraded turbo. Definitly throws more fuel in on WOT. Some one else can explain this one a little better.

4. Gets colder air by being placed out of the engine bay and down by your turn signal. At least thats where mine was at. HKS or Greddy is the way to go.

5.N/A is 220 stock. There are no singal turbo's stock but the twins have 320 stock.

6. Get one that you like. HKS make a beautifull TI exhaust which I think has the best sound and rumble to it.

7. Pretty much when you go BPU your car is not street legal anymore. Also depends on which state you are in.

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
hope these answer your questions!

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Wow, you had alot of restraint in that reply...SF.com must be getting soft around the holidays.

Go here for answers: www.mkiv.com
Or click that handy little search button ;)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
When you put a down pipe on it takes the cats off which legally makes the car illegal.

·
Slow in NoVa
194 Posts
Unless you get one of the high flow ones, but I think even those may be questionable, and who would want to save the earth by giving up 10-15hp :)
463supra said:
When you put a down pipe on it takes the cats off which legally makes the car illegal.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
supra557hp said:
2. Fire out the exhaust is gay. Are you trying to be a fast and furious guy. There is a kit but save the money for something else.
Nope, im trying my best NOT to be one of those fast and the furious people. Thats why I am trying to learn everything I can. I hate the stupid ricers to slap a body kit a weed wacker exhaust on their cars and think they are hot stuff.

Thanks for the site Prok0. I have been there MANY times before, reading a ton of the articles. It would probably help if I had a car to work on to understand everything but oh well. :D

·
-Getting High on KAI-
272 Posts
supra557hp said:
1 bpu- basic performance upgrade- pretty much everything but an upgraded turbo system.

3. It adds horsepower ecspecially with upgraded turbo. Definitly throws more fuel in on WOT. Some one else can explain this one a little better.

4. Gets colder air by being placed out of the engine bay and down by your turn signal. At least thats where mine was at. HKS or Greddy is the way to go.

5.N/A is 220 stock. There are no singal turbo's stock but the twins have 320 stock.

6. Get one that you like. HKS make a beautifull TI exhaust which I think has the best sound and rumble to it.

7. Pretty much when you go BPU your car is not street legal anymore. Also depends on which state you are in.
Nice answers :) :) :)
I would prob just would had posted a searh like Philly :agreed:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts