Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
MKIV owner since 1996
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some joker wasn't paying attention and hit me pretty hard on Red Bug Rd. I came to a quick stop and some guy in a chevy truck locked up the brakes and nailed me doing at least 30mph or so, I'm feeling it in my back and neck... going to take his insurance to the cleaners. No more training with American Top team for awhile, that sucks.. I just installed a freshly built 2JZGTE short block, I had 350 miles on it when I got hit. Its going into Color Key for paint, body kit, new headlights, new grill. I'll probably throw on a PTE74mm too.

·
Hardtopper
13,044 Posts
That sucks..... Those ruff racing's look nice on there :) :p

Get some damn suspension on that thing!

·
Stock Body Supras FTW
1,226 Posts
Sucks i know the feeling all to well when i got rear ended and lost my supra to it.

·
Kirisute Gomen
2,747 Posts
I always knew you liked it in the rear Adam.

That sucks man, did you atleast get to smack the kid around some?

·
MKIV owner since 1996
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
and that's a good excuse for having that junk on his car ??? find someone else to stick up for...
why is it Junk? a 3" exhaust is a 3" exhaust. I don't like losing money on cars. If I can sell this car one day and break even or make a little I'm happy. You will never get ahead in life if you keep throwing away money on depriciating assets.

Hey Troy, I like it. I just got done installing a crazy stereo and overhauled the interior on it. Was going to trade it in for a 33' Baja with twin 454's but the Landcruiser can't tow 9000 lbs and the Baja only gets 1.1 MPG lol. I decided to keep mine and fix it up some. The GS goes into the body shop today. I'll be riding the Suzuki until this comes back, I can't imagine what kind of shape I would be in had this happened to me on the bike.

·
MKIV owner since 1996
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I always knew you liked it in the rear Adam.

That sucks man, did you atleast get to smack the kid around some?
lol no he was actually a 45 Y/O Purto Rican guy, he was a nice guy just wasn't paying attention.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
why is it Junk? a 3" exhaust is a 3" exhaust. I don't like losing money on cars. If I can sell this car one day and break even or make a little I'm happy. You will never get ahead in life if you keep throwing away money on depriciating assets.
Well i've seen a Ruff wheel crack, on a vehicle... and sure 3" is 3"... but those tips with the painted on oxidation are just lame as fuck, im sure you could have found a plain polished/chrome tip for the same, if not LESS money than the ricer oxidized shit..

If you dont like losing money on cars, stop buying them and modifying them lol.. I'm sure you got some kind of super sick deal on that GS... but i doubt you'll break even... even with the turbo and whatever else you did to it...

·
Registered
348 Posts
OUCH!!

I see it went as far as to crinkle the rear quarters toward the door... Any trouble getting the rear doors open? Hopefully it is just cosmetic damage (for the car), and for you nothing that will physically linger around and bother you for years to come.

·
MKIV owner since 1996
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well i've seen a Ruff wheel crack, on a vehicle... and sure 3" is 3"... but those tips with the painted on oxidation are just lame as fuck, im sure you could have found a plain polished/chrome tip for the same, if not LESS money than the ricer oxidized shit..

If you dont like losing money on cars, stop buying them and modifying them lol.. I'm sure you got some kind of super sick deal on that GS... but i doubt you'll break even... even with the turbo and whatever else you did to it...

Well Jon I have made about 50K buying and selling cars on the side, here are some examples...

Red 94 HSK Twin Turbo Supra, I paid 25K, sold off the parts for 9K, reinvested 5K with ebay parts and precision turbo, made 700+ RWHP, had 19K invested sold it for 33K

99 Viper GTS, Bought it for 47K SOld it for 57K

03 Viper bought it for 48K sold the HRE's for 7K, sold the car for 54K

01 GS300 I will make out for sure now that this accident occured, I have about 16K invested now including the price of the car.. Its ready to make over 500RWHP now, these cars stock sell for 16K+, not to mention the 5K+ I'll profit off the insurance payout. The resale market for the GS is not as good as the Supra / Viper Market. I don't plan on spending much more on this car, keeping it simple, cheap, and fun.

·
MKIV owner since 1996
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OUCH!!

I see it went as far as to crinkle the rear quarters toward the door... Any trouble getting the rear doors open? Hopefully it is just cosmetic damage (for the car), and for you nothing that will physically linger around and bother you for years to come.
Hey Zgad, yea it was a good hit, yes the rear door is tight, it will open but you gotta pull hard for sure. Billy at Color Key will get it fixed up, he is very good with that frame machine. I still drive it around now and it still drives straight as an arrow, The way it drives you would never know its ever been hit.

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
wow that blows man. Pics of the SC'd viper though :)

·
MKIV owner since 1996
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That sucks..... Those ruff racing's look nice on there :) :p

Get some damn suspension on that thing!
hey Kirk, whats up man... Thanks I was checking out your wheels in your sig, they look similar. What wheel are you running?

I have some tien springs, I will probably wait until after the body shop to install them. I still gotta do a LSD rear, anyone have a stock tt auto torsen lsd? The GS300 has the same rear as the TT Supra Auto's.

no pics of the Viper, maybe on the wifes computer, mine crashed and I lost everything on my hard drive.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Well Jon I have made about 50K buying and selling cars on the side, here are some examples...

Red 94 HSK Twin Turbo Supra, I paid 25K, sold off the parts for 9K, reinvested 5K with ebay parts and precision turbo, made 700+ RWHP, had 19K invested sold it for 33K
that's 21k invested ... it's okay if you can't count... :)

99 Viper GTS, Bought it for 47K SOld it for 57K
I wish supraforums search was working so i could go back and see how many different things you tried or added to that car... wonder how much you spent and parts and labor on it....cuz i know it was probably a lot.

03 Viper bought it for 48K sold the HRE's for 7K, sold the car for 54K
that's a mighty good deal there... although i find it hard to believe ;)

01 GS300 I will make out for sure now that this accident occured, I have about 16K invested now including the price of the car.. Its ready to make over 500RWHP now, these cars stock sell for 16K+, not to mention the 5K+ I'll profit off the insurance payout. The resale market for the GS is not as good as the Supra / Viper Market. I don't plan on spending much more on this car, keeping it simple, cheap, and fun.
Hope that works out for you... and that 5k you will profit from insurance is actually called insurance fraud... and its not too easy to sell a car thats been hit good... hopefully the prospective buyer are fully aware of the extent of the damage before they buy. :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts