·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i got my 88 turbo supra running

these are pictures of the car when i got it, im sure you have seen them

This is how i found it at the Junk

No rims!! ha ha ha ha

It runs great but only boost to 4.5 so its just as fast as my last two N/A's and also i think the waste gate is sticking because every time its about to boost and i let off the car wants to die or dies.. also sometimes it does not want to go into boost. And i only felt it go into 6 pounds once. :bigthumb: but as long as i go into boost then let off the car never feels like it wants to die.

Should i just keep driving it around or what? i have no clue.. im new to having a turbo car, but i know how they work and have worked on a couple myself.

P.S. who ever had this car before me did not have a clue what he was doing, almost feel sorry but not really HA HA HA HA HA :gaysex: also.. some poeple look better with the bra on :sad:

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
#1 Take off the bra and BURN IT
#2 Take off your factory BOV see if you can blow thru it if you can replace it
#3 Put this link in you #1 spot on favorites TSRM

:bigthumb:

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
^ HEHEH, i have the PDF's for the TSRM :) i'm printing all the 1339 pages and i have a binder called " TSRM!" to keep in the car :) When the internet is not present

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
TaSe said:
^ HEHEH, i have the PDF's for the TSRM :) i'm printing all the 1339 pages and i have a binder called " TSRM!" to keep in the car :) When the internet is not present
While your at it print me a copy too :p
eric

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did you get the PDF? Gimmie!!

I have TSRM in # 14 right after Sexydesktops.. mmmmm Bitches n hoes

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ummm... where is the factory BOV :nervous:

But it doen't even want to boost untill 3500 or if i have it in 2500 for a wile. Sure its the BOV? just that it sounds funny to me.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Cool how much did you get it for?

Sounds like you have a boost leak to me. Check all the intercooler pipes.

The BOV is the thing that connects from the intake to the "3000" pipe. It's cylinder shaped, if it's deflective, it will also cause you to loose boost.

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
Take it off and blow into it. If you can blow through it then it's junk and needs replacing.
eric

·
TuneLord
578 Posts
congrats m8!!!!!! the car looks horible after junkyard (HOW CAN YOU JUNK THAT CAR?????) ive saw a few of those in the ones around me.....

again congrats m8!!! keep us updated..

and really take off that "bra" UGLY

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got it for 1400 after plates n shit...

Found it HA HA HA.. im retardid. lol.. just that it was kind of small and i thought it was for somthing els. That makes total sense Thx!! if its not working then the actuater sticks and returns air and there is "a boost leak" or makes it run lean if let off and causes it to die or want to die? right?

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Yep the BOV is gone!!

Is the actuator just stuck? if so wouldn't i be able to spray some PB blaster into it and loosen it? If not, should i get an after amrket BOV? or stock works more then enough for a stock set up. Elmherst Toyo wants 75 bux for a new one... any one get an extra I'll give you a pat on the back if you send me one! ha ha ha.. I pay if your greedy. lol

Edit: it shold be fine if i just cap it off for now.. right? :ugh2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts