Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i ran him tonight and he had a supercharge tc runing on 5 1/2 psi. I have a sc300 with the aristo swap auto and i'm pushing about 9psi. I believe i have a leak somewhere because aint i suppose to be doing 11 psi stock? I have a FMIC, 3" open Downpipe and ngk cold plugs. I talked to a few people and they said i should of skull dragged that s/c tc. So my question to you guys aristo owners is whats wrong with my car? My vac reading are correct at 20 hg so you guys know why my boost lvl so low or why my car is so slow? I launched the car at 2k.

· Registered
6,358 Posts
with a FMIC and DP you should be pushing more than 11psi regardless. check for boost leaks.

the worse you'd want is if one of the turbos is bad...

· Na-T
1,120 Posts
Dude somethings messed upw ith your car, I have a tC as well as my Supra and I have spent alot of time around the scion community. I can tell you that a stock manual tc is a 15.6+ sec in the quarter and a stock SC/tC will only hit high 14's. They are slow as shit. If he was running 5 1/2 pounds of boost through the SC it means he has the stock SC pulley and belt on the car, prob stock intake as well. The best he would be able to do is 200whp with a full 3 inch exhaust. The TRD supercharger for the tC's are turds.

Check for boost leaks as said above. And race him again after u get it figured out because something cant be right. GL man.

· Not so boring anymore
7,936 Posts
Haha. you cant expect much with 9 psi. You're making maybe 270-280whp (maybe less if have a leak) and weigh 3600lbs were as the tc is probably making 210whp and weighs probably 3000.

· No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,696 Posts
Now that your second turbo is hooked up, turn up the boost to about 15psi. It'll really wake it up.

What color is your SC? I dont think Ive seen it around.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now that your second turbo is hooked up, turn up the boost to about 15psi. It'll really wake it up.

What color is your SC? I dont think Ive seen it around.
its red you should really go to our meets at pepboys on thursday nights and saturdays around 10.

when i fixed the leak i am doing 15psi stock no boost controller.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.