Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i wanted a gsxr600 but the add said gsxr on craigslist and after i bought it i noticed it was a gsxr750!!! :lol: the guy worked for Yoshimura so he had some brand new exhuast on it that he hasnt seen anyone rockin yet.

so anyway had my buddy kevin truck it back to my house! after NEVER riding a bike in my LIFE Kevin showed me how to find the friction zone on the clutch at midnight just now. got used to it in about 3 full mins then took off into 2nd and 3rd gear! stalled only ONCE! after that i got comfortable enough to take it to 5th gear cruising! then opned it up to about 9k rpm and hit 70mph!!!!!!! :eek: rode for a good 30 mins!

i know its stupid to do being a beginner rider but damn its fun! btw this bike is STUPID heavy! 540lbs!!!

to prove how stupid i REALLY am here is the list of BIG no no's why i shouldnt be riding...
what im missing:

1) title (picking that up tomorrow when he finds the slip at his house)
2) Insurence
3) no turn signals
4) no mirrors
5) no licence

well anyway mods are:

1) Ohlins steering damper kit
2) some $800 suspension thats adjustable with a knob
3) almost new tires
4) two teeth more in the rear 1 tooth less in the front ( or vise versa) he said it has ALOT more torque this way.
5)Carbon Fiber intake
6) HJC Large helmut
7) brand new Yoshimura TRC exhuast
8) some front cage looking thing connected to my front fairing
9) front and rear bike stands
10) brand new gas tank

flame if need be. i know this does NOT sound like the best beginner bike, but for $3300, i had to have it! :p

its white and blue! pics will be up tomorrow!

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
dude that is a deal! , dont kill urself, i'll get mine soon too!

·
MSB for Life! :D
1,004 Posts
Congratulations Nick!

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
Congrats Nick, Thats like my first bike. You'll be happy with it.

Other than the suspension, gearing, exhaust and damper, you basically have a stock bike.

all the other things are just fancy stock parts.

How many miles are you rockin'?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I really hope your not dumb enough to ride this bike on the street without a license or insurance. Let alone mirrors, or full gear. You will be sorry when you drop it.

I don't mean to flame you, I'm trying to give you valuable advice that could help you. I highly suggest that you take the MSF basic rider course ASAP. It may save your life. I don't mean to lecture you on this, but take it from someone who has been there and seen friends eat shit time and time again on sportbikes.

·
Registered
861 Posts
DanSupraTT said:
I really hope your not dumb enough to ride this bike on the street without a license or insurance. Let alone mirrors, or full gear. You will be sorry when you drop it.

I don't mean to flame you, I'm trying to give you valuable advice that could help you. I highly suggest that you take the MSF basic rider course ASAP. It may save your life. I don't mean to lecture you on this, but take it from someone who has been there and seen friends eat shit time and time again on sportbikes.
:iwdumbass :iwdumbass :iwdumbass

Sounds like a good deal!! You'll have a shitton of fun on it...Good luck and ride safe! And make quick with teh pics, we all wanna see your new baby..........now for the flaming...

Dude get yourself some gear ASAP!!!!

Did you at least have a helmet on when you went out on your VIRGIN ride on a Gix 750 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Didn't a good buddy of yours die on one!?!?! Damn man.

Even a get-off at 10-15mph can get you seriously laid out...i'm talkin' MAJOR bills!
New riders should always have Med. ins. IMHO

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvBelow is not directed at thread startervvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
I'm so sick of guys out without gear/lisc./insur....if you wanna be a dickhead on 2 wheels...get a dirt bike!! I hate my high rates!! :furious: :furious:

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya guys. i signed up last month for a 3 day riders training course which is next friday-sunday.

and of course i had a helmut on last night with jeans and jacket.

i got full top of the line health insurence. my entire moms side of the family are doctors and ONLY want the best. so if any serious injuries happend i got the best doctors on the job. that is unless i eat shit and die! :doh:

pictures soon to follow.

hey aspec, lets go riding soon! :cool:

its got 21k miles and some change.

·
road hazard
452 Posts
good luck with the new bike and be safe nick.

are you the MKIII that i see sometimes on the 55N to 91W at about 5:45pm? every now and then, i see one on my way home as i'm riding in the carpool lane. i ride a red/black gsxr1000 with a CF yosh pipe.

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
SupraNikolai said:
ya guys. i signed up last month for a 3 day riders training course which is next friday-sunday.

and of course i had a helmut on last night with jeans and jacket.

i got full top of the line health insurence. my entire moms side of the family are doctors and ONLY want the best. so if any serious injuries happend i got the best doctors on the job. that is unless i eat shit and die! :doh:

pictures soon to follow.

hey aspec, lets go riding soon! :cool:

its got 21k miles and some change.

I would love to but trust me, get some months or years of riding under your belt. I'm at work and don't have time to explain but you'll understand why.

Again ride safe and if you need anything (parts, deals, or whatever), I think you know where to find me.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
slim313 said:
i find that pretty inapropriate. flame if u want. but dont fuck around with that saying. i take it seriously!

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well tonite Brian Urbano came over and snapped a few shots of me on the bike again. after Brian left i spent 4 hours detailing the bike so it looks like new now! :eek:

for some of u wondering and asking, i have a few reasons why i bought the bike, but one of the more important reasons is to finish my friend Mike Urbanos ride home from where he worked. The ride he didnt get to finish last year on June 1st because of his fatal motorcycle accident. So this June 1st i plan to make the trip from his old office in Torrance @ Fujitsu Ten to the street he (an now i) live on here in Cerritos. its just something i want/need to do to honor him.

anyway, this pic was taken before i cleaned her up tonite! action shots will be up as soon as Brian sends them to me.

·
Registered
861 Posts
^^^Dude, I'm just checkin' out the new ride down here...I wasn't gonna take it...and you don't need to look at me like that. :lol:

slim313 said:
Damn guy...you've been around long enough to know why that's not cool to say to him. (RIP Mr. Urbano)

Nick...here's a decent site you can use to go over the bike for probs. if you don't know what to look for...Clickie Clickie!!

DON'T GO OUT ON SOMEONE ELSE'S RIDE 'TIL YOU LOOK OVER IT RIGHT

(My buddy bought a bike a while back and the chain popped/broke (I forget), and he locked up the rear at 60 on his BRAND new ride on the way home from buying it!)

He kept it up and got a new tire...he was lucky

HTH
-Steve

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
be careful dude, a 750 is a lot of bike for a brand new rider. Got any more pics of the bike?

Also remember to always always wear all of your gear

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Old skool!! But i love those bikes...congrats!

·
FUCK NOW!
1,076 Posts
Damn y'all are making me want a new bike.

Jonny

·
Registered
344 Posts
wait, i see a ... Squid!

-jk (well actually not. everything in your post screams squid)

·
Registered
188 Posts
that exhaust has been around forever.....and that front cage thing you are talking about is the fairing stay witch hold that shit together....anymore pics, side views and what not? pics of the "adjustable suspension"?

anyways, congrats on the new bike and be safe out there man

·
road hazard
452 Posts
turttletoy said:
that exhaust has been around forever
the yoshimura TRC has not been around forever. its only been out for less than 2 of years and the TRC is currently only available for the 2005+ gsxr1000 and the new 2006 gsxr600/750. they never made it for the a 98 gsxr750. one can obtain just the baffle through yoshimura r&d though.

TRS, on the other hand, has been out for awhile.

nick's exhaust setup is most likely custom.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts