Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes. Finally I get to put stuff on the engine. I just decided to go with the oem head gasket with arp bolts @75 ft lb. The head and flywheel are resurfaced. It has the spec stage iii w58 clutch on and all new seals with a new timing belt. Heres the pics...this week i hope it will be running.

·
GIT-R-DONE YALL HEAR
491 Posts
BIGGG mistake for going with stock head gasket. youll be taking that engine out soon..... but anyways its good that you got your engine back. good luck
nick

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
bishop ran 20psi daily on the stocker...dunno how stock boost can be a problem.

Ive talked to dr j about this and from his experience detonation kills the gasket. Good tuned car's gasket will last a long time.

As long as i dont be a retard and hax m3h [email protected] for more boost and run lean i should be ok.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Stock headgasket will be fine as long as it's installed and torqued properly. The Doc is correct, spend the time and money to tune her right, don't go crazy with the boost and you'll be just fine.

I'm glad to see you're progressing on your project, take your time and get it right.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
yea, i'm boosting 15psi with a oem headgsket and i didn't even prep the block or the head. i just scraped the old gasket off. the car is running real good.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
SupraMOB said:
BIGGG mistake for going with stock head gasket. youll be taking that engine out soon..... but anyways its good that you got your engine back. good luck
nick
:rolleyes: That's the standard misinformed response.

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
looking great...good luck with everything and thank you for de-ricing a respectable car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts