Supra Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
yea i know you said you wanted to keep it original. and now that i have taken another look, i can see that there is some room. nice paint job on the roll cage. ;)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Looks really good man. Paint came out mint.

FYI::: Make sure you keep the stock seats or get some "Less aggressive" sports seats. I was going to place my bar in the same location, but the side's of the Sparco Torinos would hit, and would not let the seat move past the main hoop. I ended up placing my main hoop further back so the seats could move without any interferance. Also your side bars will most likely be in the way of most seats. Just an FYI :)

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
he's a nut.. the chromoly alone for a roll bar costs about 400... he must have a real love for doing this stuff.. for a six point bar like yours we get about 1300 in chromoly... so if it is chromoly, he gave you a deal and a half..

i'm just about to finish up my car with a 5 point(passenger bar is'nt neccesary for it to be legal) lokks very similar to yours..

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
OVRBST said:
Looks really good man. Paint came out mint.

FYI::: Make sure you keep the stock seats or get some "Less aggressive" sports seats. I was going to place my bar in the same location, but the side's of the Sparco Torinos would hit, and would not let the seat move past the main hoop. I ended up placing my main hoop further back so the seats could move without any interferance. Also your side bars will most likely be in the way of most seats. Just an FYI :)
this is very true... you should always make sure you have the seats that your going with in the car before getting your roll bar or cage done.. we've had guy's do their cars with stock seats in them and then 6 months later decide they want something lighter..then we get silly looks when we tell them, well we can make them work , but your gonna have to either redo your whole roll bar or sit closer to the stearing wheel;) :( and even then we still usually have to cut off the side bars and remake them too..jay

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
yeah rub it in Jay... Ktrends and I noticed today that his loop set further back than mine and you can't see his. Oh, well I love carrying out all the bad luck so everyone else can have good luck!!!!

EDIT: I know its for sure chrome moly and his price for a 4 point is $450. Also, I decided I won't ever get aftermarket seats. Personally if I had aftermarket seats then I would really show off the rollbar then it would look really fast!!! NOt what I want... still trying to keep it to its original appearance. Thanks for the info though

·
Registered
805 Posts
jaynite said:
he's a nut.. the chromoly alone for a roll bar costs about 400... he must have a real love for doing this stuff.. for a six point bar like yours we get about 1300 in chromoly... so if it is chromoly, he gave you a deal and a half..

i'm just about to finish up my car with a 5 point(passenger bar is'nt neccesary for it to be legal) lokks very similar to yours..
Yeah, that's a great price. I got mine on a deal. Most of the cages that my shop charges is about 1k for chromoly. (And that's for a 6 pt) I'm happy that the targa fits and the seat folds down :)

http://www.xoticmotorsports.com/targacage/

21 - 33 of 33 Posts