Supra Forums banner

Got My New 6 Point Rollbar

2K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  JQUEST2 
#1 · (Edited)
Got My New 6 Point Rollbar (new pics)

Its chrome moly, gauge..not sure. Rodney w/ Hookin Chassis from Holt, MO did the work in 3 days for $610. Tell me what you think!!!

-Jason

PAINTED PICS ON BOTTOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 · (Edited)
I am going to paint it later this week!!! BTW the bar going across from side to side does not bend back into the rear seat... that is just a light blur making it lokk as though it is wrinkling the seat back

#5 ·
pics do no justice. He is very good, particular, fast, and cheap.There are some nice welds and bends. And like myself he is somewhat of a perfectionist. He puts cars through his shop like a window tinter!!

#8 ·
you pull the seats out and tape off the interior alot of time and patience (about 2 hrs of masking and 30 minutes of painting). Ktrends did it to his and his is the same as mine. As for pulling out the rear seat. Naw, I want to keep it as original as I can. Believe it or not people have ridden in the back off Ktrends car ( like me)

#9 ·
Does the Targa fit? Bad ass, but be sure to pad that bar right above your head!! :eek:

Adrock

#11 ·
Thanks guys!! No the targa doesn't fit but for a little more time and money it could've been done. This is the only thing I know I am going to regret not doing!

#12 ·
I just finished my install of my own 6 point cage. And after doing it all myself I can say that for $610 you got a STEAL. The amount of time and work it took me was worth WAY more than that.

Also, with a little imagination I made my targa fit in the hatch. It does not secure the same way it used to, but it fits snug and does not move. My cage is similar to yours, except my rear bars are more toward the center, square to the main hoop and with an "X" brace. I know your targa will still fit, just not in the factory location. :)

#13 ·
OVRBST... you're right it will fit but not in the factory location. I knew it was cheap and he just does it for extra money on the side, except it has almost became a full time job. I would recommend anyone that would want to send their car down over the winter would never regret it. He said he used ~40feet of bar and it weights about 80 lbs.

#14 ·
looks pretty good ;)

I have the exact same setup in my car, when I want to throw the top in the back I just fold down the back seat and put it in the length ways <if that makes any sense>.

Of course I take my top out about twice a year, and normally just leave it at home.

#17 ·
he didn't have to trim any on mine cause I leave the strut covers off since I have the Tokico adjustable struts. James (ktrends) said Rodney had to barely trim the strut covers on his car for the plate

#18 ·
Rodney said he could put the bars between the back of the rear set and the bottom seat cover for like another $30 or so. But then the seat will not lay forward. By doing this he wouldn't have to cut the rear quarter panel. Hope this ins't too confusing. I was in a hurry and did it the best way for the amount of time I had. LIke I said I am really picky and this looks great!!! maybe you guys can check it out in Texas.. I'll be the in class #2 w/ MI county Kansas tags

-Jason

#20 ·
Supra calviN said:
whats the point of keeping the rear seats if nobody is going to sit there? might as well balance out some of the 80lbs you put in the roll cage.

The leg room is the same as without a rollbar, just have to crawl over the bar. I have plenty of friends that can get back there if needed. Also like I mentioned in an earlier post I want to keep my car as close to original as I can without hurting the value, plus it is a daily driver not a drag car. Supras are too valuable to be hacking on and I didn't want to risk something happening to the seats if I took them out!!! The extra 80 lbs will be made up with boost :D

#21 ·
HERE ARE SOME PAINTED PICS... the light makes the bars appear as though I missed some spots, but I didn't,

#26 ·
Looks really good man. Paint came out mint.

FYI::: Make sure you keep the stock seats or get some "Less aggressive" sports seats. I was going to place my bar in the same location, but the side's of the Sparco Torinos would hit, and would not let the seat move past the main hoop. I ended up placing my main hoop further back so the seats could move without any interferance. Also your side bars will most likely be in the way of most seats. Just an FYI :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.