Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· I'll nevAr go single!
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the Turbo tach installed, so now I can see what the car is doing. Just gotta say, Wow, I have been like, pushing the car to maybe, maybe 5K at most this entire time, and was thinking I mite had been redlining it :rofl:

Well, im just impressed all over again, car seems to have a bit more power now :rolleyes:

I like how the MPH seems to raise faster then the RPM's when florring it also, it seems to have a lot of room to um, rev...

· Not so boring anymore
7,936 Posts
if you dont hear a rev limiter keep reving!!!

lol

im sure you will see it is unaccurate (i used to hit the revlimiter at 7k on the tach but itd really rev to 7500) Change the first resistor out and it should be more accurate.

· Registered
6,153 Posts
My 7M tach worked for my 1J and 2J swaps... I guess I never noticed if it was inaccurate tho. I am looking to go with the Apexi Rev Speed Meter for accurate RPM and MPH, while using the 2J Aristo auto tranny. I guess it's a good idea, now that I know that the 7M tach was just playin' wit me.

Congrats on solving your issue.

· I'll nevAr go single!
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Satan said:
My 7M tach worked for my 1J and 2J swaps...
Thats cause you had turbo cars to begin with, tach, I found out the hard way, is different from NA and turbo. I started the car, was all happy, then saw my tach wasnt working lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.