Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of endless research, pros/cons, etc. i finally pulled the trigger and purchased a 02 996 turbo manual Carrera white . It wasn't an easy decision as i wanted to get back into a Supra again, but people are asking too much these day, which i don't blame them, it’s supply and demand. I thought about getting a 06 viper SRT10, but the cabin heat and drivability kept me at bay. Thought about Z06 (c6) too, but they are everywhere and the interior wasn't pleasing. Budget was also another factor as i didn't wanted to shell out more than i can handle.
So, when i finally narrowed it down to 996, I couldn’t find 996 in white, all you see for sale is Silvers and Blacks! Seems like White is rare and you don’t see them for sale often. When this white 996 popped for sale in my neck of the woods I took the first flight there, got the PPI done, haggled a bit and drove her back home.
I was bit anxious after reading the stories about how expensive the Metzger (Mezger?) motor is to fix and all the range 1-2 over revs BS, but the PPI and my co-worker (who eats, breathe and sleeps Porsche) convinced me otherwise. Brand new this car was 140K with all the options. It’s all stock for now, but I have few things planned to wake her up, like exhaust, intake and tune, that should put her in 500/500 hp/tq. I don’t have that many pictures now, but I will soon upload some more. Thanks

·
ass, gas or grass
1,120 Posts
sweet!

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
Porsche attracts the opposite sex.

Supras get you more men friends.

You are already winning!

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
Congrats My Friend and You are Correct..White is a Rare color.. ive been keeping up with the 996 turbo and 997 carrera S/4S because im trying to decide which to get when the supra is finished and im wanting White with Black interior which is hard to find. I hope you Enjoy :)

·
3,466 Posts
Nice pickup! I was in the same boat as you not long ago but somehow fell on a F355 instead.

I've always wanted a 996TT, will own one sometime. Great cars and come highly recommended here on SFOC

·
Systems *****istrator
616 Posts
Nice! I had a 04 TT. It was a pleasure to drive, but the throws were too long imo. Got a short shifter and fixed that problem.

·
Registered
296 Posts
looks awesome... I love the 996. I've been eyeing a 996 C4S, but after hearing all the horror stories of the IMS failures I think the turbo is the way to go.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. :)

For some reason I've never been a fan of the 996 front end, needs a 997 front end swap.
I had the same feeling for a while, but I've been cross shopping the two for a while and the 996 has really started growing on me. This car would be gorgeous with a drop, nice set of wheels and gt2 wing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice! I had a 04 TT. It was a pleasure to drive, but the throws were too long imo. Got a short shifter and fixed that problem.
Yea, that's on the list of mods i am planning. Thanks

Congrats on the car, looks great.
Doesn't like the interior of a C6 vette, so you bought a 996.....ummmm....
Personal taste. I have natural leather interior with real wood - trims, center console, etc. Dealer had 07 Z06 on the floor for sale as well, i felt Z06 interior was cheaper compare to 996. Thanks

Have you thought on which exhaust, intake and tune?
UMW tune, Speedtech 3.0 exhaust and for intake i am not sure yet, still researching.

So far i am really happy with the purchase. It drives and handles way better than Supra/Viper GTS. Steering response is amazing and it feels more stable with increasing speed. Anyone who's in the market for Supra should seriously consider 996 TT. Thanks

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
You don't see white turbo 996s very often. Congrats on the scoop.

No need to fuss with these cars very much mod wise. Gt2 rear wing is a good idea.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts