Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed the 98 style tails on my 95 supra. Everything went good it was real easy and the lights work. When i got in the car I noticed that the missing taillight light was on on the dash. Anybody know what I need to do to turn it off. Or am i stuck with it on forever? Let me know. Thanks

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,462 Posts
SEARCH!!! This is a known problem when switching to 98 Tails. To fix the problem call up Curt and buy a $2xx sensor. Just take the bulb out of the dash is what he will tell you, and I'll tell you the same. Good luck.

Mike:)

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
or search again and find out which resistors to replace so you don't have to buy the module.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not too great with electronics, is there a guide anywhere, can anybody talk me through it?

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,462 Posts
Xenon Supra said:
im not too great with electronics, is there a guide anywhere, can anybody talk me through it?
Look on MKIV.com and you will find it. Good luck..

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Just type lamp failure in the search and look for Taillight swap to newer style taillights or my username speedracer in the search and I have wrote many threads to get the message out to everyone that does the taillight mod swap how to cure the lamp failure indication when you turn your headlight switch on and see the lamp failure sensor inication lit up on the dash. Hope this will help you solve the problem.

·
Registered
564 Posts
i looked into doing this when i switched to 98 style taillights. The two resistors that u need are not sold at radio shack(atleast in my area) so i just decided to pull the little bulb out from behind the dash. It's probably your easiest solution, unless you want to fork out the $200+ for a new lamp failure sensor.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
The hardest part about the resistor swap is finding them. They aren't expensive. Easy to swap out. Cheaper than replacing the lamp failure sensor. Once the resistor swap is done, the sensor works like normal if a filament bulb burns out.

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
Boon said:
I'd hope he would be done with this after 6 months.
he wrecked his Supra.. the thought of that little "taillight" light drove him insane.. he decided to correct the problem by removing the car :p

j/k man :tongue: :cry:

M

·
0 Posts
Zylo said:
he wrecked his Supra.. the thought of that little "taillight" light drove him insane.. he decided to correct the problem by removing the car :p

Haha you're so wrong sometimes......

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zylo said:

thats fucked up - your lucky you didnt say something like that a few days after it happend or else i would come beat your ass...but i'm over the car and now gonna get a TT 6-spd. so why should i get mad? but still- fuck you :finger:

;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts