Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was on my way to school this morning, when I got off the freeway, headed to school and had a LARGE AAA flatbed truck merge into my car sending me swerving into the lane. Thank God I was able to regain control as there was a lot of traffic in the lanes around me.

I was in the right turn lane with a car in front of me, car in back of me, and the truck to the left of me. It was the most helpless feeling seeing it merge...I almost saw the impact before it happened and just had to brace myself. The entire rear driver side fender is gone, and my rim is bent and chipped. I got all the insurance information and such and I'm working on that. To make matters worse I now have a little pain in my neck from the whiplash I got =[

I was wondering, is the rear driver side fender replacable or is it repair only? I'm not sure how the rear works, any help would be well appreciated.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope your whiplash gets better soon...

Regarding the rear fender....I mean, its repairable up to a cetain point.....if its REALLY bad, then I suppose that they would have to cut the bad metal out and replace it....

Might be a good opportunity for you to go widebody or something....

Good luck,

Asheesh

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kale said:
sucks that you got in an accident. did you call AAA to send a flatbed to haul your car? ;) (couldn't resist)
Actually I did. I don't even know any other towing service. I had a buddy of mine that works there send one out.

P.S. I was even an employee for AAA up until 1 month ago...I guess they didn't like the fact I quit at such busy times =/

·
Registered
759 Posts
Sorry to hear but am glad you're okay.

As long as the under structure isn't damaged, a good body shop should be able to cut out the old metal and weld in a new panel and get it looking good as new. If I recall correctly, Elmhurst can get you a new quarter panel for $500-$600 plus freight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.