Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally took the plunge and got some wheels and tires of my car. I ended up going with the classic 17" CCW setup, with 275/315 BFG TA KD tires. :D The car is going off to get corner balanced and aligned with significantly more camber next week. Yes I know the car is dirty and I did get around to putting the center caps in too.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Ooooh, me likee!! :bigthumb:

I can't wait to pick up CCW classics and some fat meats on the rear :)

Reactions: FYRARMS

·
Always on pump gas...
701 Posts
Looks familiar. :stickpoke

You ever figure out what was causing the Driver's rear to leak down? Was it the seal inside the rim or did that tire shop f*ck it up?

I love that setup.

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
87TboMkIII said:
Looks familiar. :stickpoke

You ever figure out what was causing the Driver's rear to leak down? Was it the seal inside the rim or did that tire shop f*ck it up?

I love that setup.
Yea I was pretty pissed about it so I took it to CCW and they pulled the tire off and the shitty tire place tore out the silicon bead when they were mounting the tire. :madf: But John over at CCW was nice enough to fix it free of cost and he gave me a tour of the facility. That place is badass, I will post up some pictures that I took so you can see the rows upon rows of wheels.

Mike

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Gotta love the classic CCWs.

Steve K.

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Evill Supra said:
Gotta love the classic CCWs.

Steve K.
After going to CCW and seeing all the different color and texture choices for the centers I wasn't positive I wanted polished but I am really happy with it now that its on the car. I'm sure I will change it if I get bored after a while. But yea I don't think this rim will ever go out of style.

·
11,221 Posts
What suspension are you on? Any fender mods on it (I'm sure there is)? How did you get 275's to fit in the front?

Lol, sorry to be shooting questions, nice setup.

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
michaelvanle said:
What suspension are you on? Any fender mods on it (I'm sure there is)? How did you get 275's to fit in the front?

Lol, sorry to be shooting questions, nice setup.
I run tein HA's with the stock spring rates currently. I had to shave the fenders in the rear, remove all of the bolts in the front fender and pretty drastically raise the ride height so it doesn't bottom out when I am at speed. The 275/40's fit but I think its a little bit too tall of a tire, a 275/35 would probably work a lot better.

·
592 Posts
They look nice, I take it you decided not to sell?

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Under hard driving the rear must rub. Have you driven it real hard yet with that set-up on?

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lis2k said:
Under hard driving the rear must rub. Have you driven it real hard yet with that set-up on?
Yea I had to raise the car uper on every corner to stop it from rubbing but it doesn't anymore. And yes I have driven it hard with this setup, last night I was pulling wheels off the ground testing it out. :D

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
lookin very sweet man....i have the same setup..17 all around.... :)

·
Car is being held ransom.
705 Posts
Hey, I dont mean to change the subject or steal the thread, but I was wondering if the 18x10f, 17x11.5r road race set-up with the BF Goodrich g-force T/A KDW's fit on a stock bodied MKIII? I have pretty much narrowed down my wheel choice to these since this setup is ultimately the best street racing setup.... I think....

Thank you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts